1.    #1  
    Let's face it.. the plan costs seem pretty high but Sprint tells us we're getting "Clarity you can see and hear." Tell us tomorrow morning if you think you got your money's worth.

I've seen some posts from people suggesting the Vision data service may not as fast as some people expect. Maybe it's because of button software installed on the phone, maybe it's because Sprint hasn't flipped the "make data go really fast switch" but this board seem like a good place to report your findings tomorrow morning, especially from the West coast where the "go fast switch" should go on at 7:00 AM.

I have a Treo 300 purchased for $499 but havn't signed up for any plans. If they have a 14 day bailout and let you change plans around, I may go for the low priced plan and adjust. On the flip side, if posts seem mostly "so so" I'm calling Cingular and reactivating my Treo 270 for 39.95 /mo. Maybe it's good that the GPRS patch is slow in coming out. They can't charge by the Kilobyte.

I worked for Sprint in their network management section for years. Normally, your network is in place and then you add customers, watch it fill up and expand only to the point where peak traffic gets blocked. The thought that Sprint is about to turn on the "full bandwidth switch" tomorrow morning seems unlikely. In fact, the opposite is usually true, especially with packet switched data. As the customer base increases which should happen tomorrow, data usually slows down.

Unless I see people report that their pages load (first loads, not cached pages) significantly faster, I'll reactivate my Treo 270 with Cingular where I can surf the web after 9 or upload my email before 7 at more reasonable rates. I don't really care for Cingular that much but I'm not into paying 70-80/mo unless I really get something special. Tomorrow, Sprint is going to have to show us, not tell us how great it's going to be in the future.
    Check out this thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=25486

My sprint 2G phone seems to be accessing data at 1.2kbps. While I'm not a conspiracy buff, I wonder if sprint is downgrading 2G data service in front of their 3G rollout. If this is the case, we end up with data access no better than 2G used to be, but no choice to use 2G since they've hobbled it.
  3.    #3  
    Can't wait for the facts to start rolling in. Maybe Sprint is waiting for all of our jaws to drop at once. Either from blazing speed or the price of their plans. One thing for sure, they shouldn't have to add capacity the first day, especially if there's no business traffic.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by work_permit
    Check out this thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=25486

My sprint 2G phone seems to be accessing data at 1.2kbps. While I'm not a conspiracy buff, I wonder if sprint is downgrading 2G data service in front of their 3G rollout. If this is the case, we end up with data access no better than 2G used to be, but no choice to use 2G since they've hobbled it.
    Lets see..... take a new product destined to be revolutionary and provide rapid access to stuff like streaming video, then cripple it during it's soft launch, and let the word leak out that it's slow and expensive. Then tomorrow at 10AM EST, we wake up to DSL speeds and official pricing of 39.95/mo with 20 megs of data. Lines form outside the Sprint stores waiting to sign up and fights break out over the last Vision capable phone. Sprint makes headline news on Monday and their Stock goes up 10 points.

Sorry, I must have just woken up from some kind of strange dream. Logon to stupidvideos.com with your Treo 300 in the morning for the clarity you can see and hear.

PS Sorry for all the posts..... I just want to be part of the historic moment occuring tomorrow when they flip the "high bandwidth with blazing speed" switch.
  5.    #5  
    It's past 10 AM EST.....

Looks like Sprint is right on track to screw this one up. Anyone have blazing speed yet ?
    hahahahah
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by HasanDaddy
    hahahahah
    Don't even get me started on that. I have a Thinkpad X22 running XP Pro. The software for IBM's own ultraport bluetooth module woun't even install properly on the laptop. And I do have admin rights and it's the latest version from their website. I had delusions of having an Ericson T61 syncing via Bluetooth.

Not quite seamless yet but good potential
    Originally posted by PCMusician

Don't even get me started on that. I have a Thinkpad X22 running XP Pro. The software for IBM's own ultraport bluetooth module woun't even install properly on the laptop. And I do have admin rights and it's the latest version from their website. I had delusions of having an Ericson T61 syncing via Bluetooth.

Not quite seamless yet but good potential
    as far as I can tell (2pm est) I am still getting very slow throughput. About 1k byte per second. 3g is pretty damn slow at this point. I hope it improves.