1.    #1  
    Backlight on the Treo300 KEYBOARD (not screen) appears to have burnt out.

This could be due to low battery? Does anyone know if the Treo 300 goes into a 'power save' mode when it gets low and maybe kills the backlight to the keyboard?

Also maybe because Tbuttons is installed? Not really sure yet, but as of right now backlight on the keyboard is no longer working. Not too good if this is actually the case, as this thing was bought on Thursday and was hardly ever used. It will be going back to the Sprint Store Monday and I'll be reverting to my I300 if this truly is another handspring quality control horror story. What will it be next? I turn the unit on and it explodes?
  2.    #2  
    Ok I belive this to be a software issue. When I press phone button the keboard lights up. I think this is a bug maybe with Treo Button?? Anyone else have this problem?

I've deleted Treo Button but my buttons are still programmed the way they were in Treo Button, and the keys do not light up. Anyone know how to completely NUKE this app and get my old settings back?
    what is Treo button and what is it used for?
  4.    #4  
    TreoButton lets you reprogram the buttons on the treo. I think it has permanently screwed up my Treo. I did a hard reset and the thing is still not working properly.

Backlight comes on just fine when I use the telephone button (Which is the only one I did NOT reprogram). However, when pressing any of the other keys it immediatley kills the backlight on the keyboard. Even after a hard reset the reprogrammed buttons with TreoButton remain... there is no way to 'undo' this. And now the backlight on my keyboard does not work in any other app except the phone dialer.

People considering using this app beware. I think it f'd up my treo 300
    Same problem here. However, I did NOT reprogram my calander key, and still hitting it kills the backlight. Hitting phone key turns backlight back back on
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by work_permit
    Same problem here. However, I did NOT reprogram my calander key, and still hitting it kills the backlight. Hitting phone key turns backlight back back on
    Have you figured out how to fix this? I have tried the following:

Delete the app. Do a hard reset. DOes not fix it (in fact, the buttons still stay programmed to what TreoButton had them set at.. very dirty)

Re-install the app, reset everything to default. Do Hard reset. Still nothing works.

If you figure out a fix for this please post here. I am pretty irate over this. Please also e-mail the person who wrote this application to report this bug. Maybe he can find a fix.

His e-mail is: yamada@simple-palm.com
    tried all that as well.
    Once again, this was a false alarm. Standard functionality of the Treo.

See http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=25489