1.    #1  
    So here I was, ready to buy the 300... when the rep told me, oh, you can't have both a 3G and 2G phone on the same plan to get 3G functionality. You could activate the Treo as a 2G phone until you got the second phone updated...

Is this true? or is he, as every other SPCS rep on drugs?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks!
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    This is not true.
    Roger
    Originally posted by RLewis
    This is not true.
    This is absolutely NOT true. I have a 3G plan (850 anytime / 5400 night and weekend / 8 megs) on my Treo 300.

My wife has an old Samsung SCH8500 (2g only). We are sharing the above mentioned plan with no issues at all.
  4.    #4  
    Hmm...

I called again today and spoke to a different Rep and she asked her supervisor (supposedly, for all I know she may have asked the janitor...)

She told me the same thing, that an old phone cannot be activated under a 3G plan...

Help? Any suggestions? Anyone have a phone number I can call where people are not on drugs?

Thanks!
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Well, thats a new one! Ive been told by every cust svc rep I've asked that this is not a problem. The only requirement is the 3G phone has to be the primary phone on the account. I have two 2G phones and the treo all sharing one plan.

I've used the usual #: 888-211-4727

One caveat: I haven't actually gotten provisioned for 3G service yet.