1.    #1  
    I have a 755P on sprint pcs (unlimited data plan) and would like to use PDAnet on my windows 7 laptop. anyone know if this is supported? any other solutions available?
  2. cwb
    No it doesn't
    I have win7 pro 64 bit and it works fantastic with my HTC incredible... I even got bluetooth to work, but its unstable... once you get it up, its nice but when you shut it down.. good luck getting it back up again reliably.

But the usb tethering works perfect with dsl speeds.
    Web browsing is totally comfortable.. videos are slow but regular browsing is great.
    Ok, i have the old 650 version of PDAnet but I'm trying it on the Centro phone with Windows 7. No luck so far. Will the old version of the PDAnet work with Centro and Windows 7?

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  5. cwb
    i did see somewhere on this site that someone used windows 7 to set up a virtual XP directory (not sure i am saying this right) and then they could sync using the Palm software. it would seem to be the same principle for PDANet.
  6. cwb
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...4-hotsync.html
    this is the discussion link re virtual xp directory
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have successfully got USB tethering working using Mobil Streams product and Windows 7 64 bit. www mobile-stream.com Palm USB Modem. On Verizon I entered a dial up number of #777, no user, no password and it works fine.

Also, the 64bit Aceeca Palm/Garnet drivers should allow pdanet to work. I am working on testing this. See www acessca.com/downloads

By the way, I have seen a number of posts suggesting bluetooth tethering as a work around for the missing 64bit Hotsync drivers. Bluetooth sync/tether is Very slow. Opt for USB direct when possible.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brentl99 View Post
    I have successfully got USB tethering working using Mobil Streams product and Windows 7 64 bit. www mobile-stream.com Palm USB Modem. On Verizon I entered a dial up number of #777, no user, no password and it works fine.

Also, the 64bit Aceeca Palm/Garnet drivers should allow pdanet to work. I am working on testing this. See www acessca.com/downloads

By the way, I have seen a number of posts suggesting bluetooth tethering as a work around for the missing 64bit Hotsync drivers. Bluetooth sync/tether is Very slow. Opt for USB direct when possible.
    I have the Aceeca drivers installed but I could not get PDANet to work with it, I did get the USB modem to work, I had to manualy install the drivers but it works.
    Terry