Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thanks for the answer!
    they will work after you install some files...... I transferred the necessary files from an I300 to the Treo 300 by beaming them using the Filez program....

I am still trying to get the files needed from the I300 to my computer so that I can have them backed up in case I need to do a hard reset....

any ideas how to get these system files backed up to the computer?

the files need are:

Clipper.PRC
    INet_Library.PRC
    Security_Library.PRC
    Web_Library.PRC
    WIRELESS.PRC
  3.    #3  
    Will adding these files hurt the Treo in any way? (ie conflict w other system files?)
    No it wont cause any problems. The files are not hacks.

Originally posted by ijablokov
    Will adding these files hurt the Treo in any way? (ie conflict w other system files?)
  5.    #5  
    Where can you get these files from? Can you pull them from a ROM using the Palm Emulator? If so, which version of these files would be the most compatible w/ the 300? A Palm VII, i705, or m515 ROM?
    I pulled the files from a Samsung I300, which is another smartphone that runs the same Palm operating system as the Treo..... I would post the files needed, but I have no way to get them off either device..... I beamed them using filez from the I300 to the Treo.....
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PalmZo...le%20Archives/

Palm OS4.0 Web Clipping Files.

If you have an m505/m515 these are already in ROM. If you have a Treo or other device that doesn't include the Web Clipping software you can try installing these. BE SURE TO SOFT-RESET AFTER INSTALLING.
    Originally posted by ichaz
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PalmZo...le%20Archives/

Palm OS4.0 Web Clipping Files.

Has anyone installed this? Are there any issues because the Treo does not run OS4.0?
    Roger
    There is a version for palm 3.3..If you click on the link, you will see it at the bottom of the page. Havent tried it yet.
  10.    #10  
    OK, I gave the 3.3 version a try, but none of the PQA's work, they all give me 1410 Network Errors.
    yeah, its not working...anyone get this to work yet? I actually like the web clippings..downloading large sites on the blazer just doesn't do it for me.
    here they are:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    next
    last
    I use JPSystems PQA browser without any problems. It works with GopherKings PQA MobileMail and other useful PQAs.

I suspect the problem with the Palm PQAs is simply setting the right Palm.net Proxy servers and location prefs. I dont have a location for these settings but I have seen it discussed here on this board before.
  16.    #16  
    Fikse, thanks for the files, I'll give them a try... Did they work on your Treo?

meta_dave, can you post a link to the PQA Browser, can't seem to find it on the JP site.

Thanks!
    can you leave a link for that browser?

JPS PQA Browser
    Here's a detailed link on exactly how to do this. I haven't tried it yet, but it includes information on setting the proxy server.

http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html
    they should work, you can load the pqa, and it attempts to connect.... but of course sprint can't get their lame a** together and get the *** **** *** *** data working on my phone....
    U need to login to get itSurewave download
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast