Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Still getting 1410 errors... Hotsync'ed the files, reset the Treo, installed a few PQA's, and they all exhibit this behaviour. I know data is working since I can AIM, ICQ, and check email, etc. Any further thoughts?
    same problems..has anyone gotten it to work? There has to be a solution...
    Originally posted by ichaz
    same problems..has anyone gotten it to work? There has to be a solution...
    All you need to do is go to the Preferences app, select Wireless from the drop-down list, click on the proxy and click default.

Worked for me!

Enjoy.
    What is the benefit of this? Does it provide a better browsing experience? Does it use less data?

Originally posted by silverado

All you need to do is go to the Preferences app, select Wireless from the drop-down list, click on the proxy and click default.

Worked for me!

Enjoy.
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
  5.    #25  
    I installed the files, reset, but I still don't have that wireless menu. How do I get that to show up?
    Last edited by ijablokov; 08/15/2002 at 11:48 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Originally posted by cfsully
    Does it use less data?
    Yes.
    Originally posted by ijablokov
    I installed the files, reset, but I still don't have that wireless menu. One of the sites has instructions for using an easter egg to change the proxy, how do you make the pull down appear in the palm.net pqa? What button combo do we press on the treos in order to pull down the menu?
    I installed according to the following site, which was previously posted in this thread.

http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/...n_palm_vii.html
  8.    #28  
    Thank you! I'm up and running now... Thx for everyone's help... The 1410 error goes away after you modify the proxy.
    Originally posted by ijablokov
    OK, I gave the 3.3 version a try, but none of the PQA's work, they all give me 1410 Network Errors.
    you need to change the proxy ip address go here

http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html
    Hi,

I have clippings working on my 180 but on my 300 I get

SystemMgr.c,line 154 unimplimented

when I launch a pqa,
    anyone know how to fix??

thanks!

phil
    Phil, i was getting the same message. what I finally did was beam over from my wife's samsung 300 v 3.5 of the libraries and then things started working.

The files that you can get on the net are v 3.2. Now, how can I get those 3.5 files on my pc to post?

-Juan
    Oh really cool!

Hmm perhaps you could hotsync backup the treo. I would think it would back those libs up onto the pc, along with everything else.

Perhaps you'd have to use the filez program to remove the copy protect setting if it's still in effect after the beam.

I'll keep beating on it. I saw someone else posted some libs, but they only posted 3, and they don't appear to work.

thanks

Phil

Originally posted by jmunguia
    Phil, i was getting the same message. what I finally did was beam over from my wife's samsung 300 v 3.5 of the libraries and then things started working.

The files that you can get on the net are v 3.2. Now, how can I get those 3.5 files on my pc to post?

-Juan
    Did anyone find a way to get the 3.5 version of those files out of their palm and onto the web?

I downloaded those 3.2 ones and followed the excellent directions at http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html but I am still getting errors when I try to use the pqas. I'm close to getting this stuff to work - I can feel it!

Thanks,
    Mark
    Thanks for pointing me to the Yahoo Treo group and that file. I loaded those and got a few 'already exist' messages in the sync log, but went through the gold-dave directions again anyway. Same problem: getting some network and server errors ( document could not be found on this server 404 from Y! Mail, and internal server error 500 on simple wire.

I figured the 'already exist' errors got me so I used filez to delete those files - but it still didn't allow me to delete several of them. Do I need to force them to delete somehow - or am I missing something else here?

Thanks,
    Mark
    you can try downloading the program filez, to try and delete the existing prc's.... otherwise, you'll have to do a hard reset....
    To install and get a proxy server address for PQAs on your Treo, go here:

http://www.woggledog.com/index.asp?subject=webclipping

It has all the files and all the instructions you need.

Good luck.
    version 3.5 of this the rest follow
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast