1.    #1  
    Apologies if this has been asked already, but I am getting desperate and need a solution.

My work PC has recently been upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit edition and Outlook 2010 64-bit edition.

After upgrading, I discovered that the USB driver was not supported on 64-bit Windows so bought a Bluetooth USB dongle and can now connect via Bluetooth.

However, while I am able to sync my Treo 680 with Palm Desktop, I am unable to sync with Outlook 2010 64-bit edition. I am getting the dreaded OLERR error when synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.

I have tried heaps of suggestions from this thread:

discussion.treocentral.com/palm-os-synchronization/93534-how-fix-hotsync-stuck-calendar-contacts-memos-tasks-etc.html

(sorry I cannot link it properly, as I haven't done enough posts yet)

...in particular installing dbScan and following Bill Gamble's instructions, but nothing is working so far.

Some people had mentioned that Chapura PocketMirror supports Outlook 2010. However, I contact Chapura support and they said that they only support Outlook 2010 32-bit edition, not 64-bit edition.

I am stuck with Outlook 2010 64-bit edition at work, but I really want my Treo to sync again with it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    You need to be aware that when Palm got busy on the Pre they decided to longer support the Palm OS phones, Treo, etc. Thus Palm has not updated HotSync Manager to to run in a 64-bit (should you try one of the hacks to get hotsync to work) and you will find it also does not work with Outlook 2010. There are more hacks to make that work too. Hacking Outlook? Too many hacks to my critical software.

I am hoping for Palm to awaken but am not optimistic. I have no idea what HP saw in Palm but I must not be the visionary they are, I recognize it is time to move on. Palm has abandoned its users for a new line that has failed and there doesn't seem to be a bright future.
    Last edited by mbaraz; 07/31/2010 at 05:45 AM. Reason: readability
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaraz View Post
    You need to be aware that when Palm got busy on the Pre they decided to longer support the Palm OS phones, Treo, etc. Thus Palm has not updated HotSync Manager to to run in a 64-bit (should you try one of the hacks to get hotsync to work) and you will find it also does not work with Outlook 2010. There are more hacks to make that work too. Hacking Outlook? Too many hacks to my critical software.

I am hoping for Palm to awaken but am not optimistic. I have no idea what HP saw in Palm but I must not be the visionary they are, I recognize it is time to move on. Palm has abandoned its users for a new line that has failed and there doesn't seem to be a bright future.
    Joining the short thread...

Yeah, that's too bad. I just started to consider upgrading my old XP box to Win 7 64-bit and quickly realized a lot of incompatibilities with my Treo 680. Oh well... I know a company needs to make business decisions.

That's too bad.... I still like my Treo 680 for its form factor and simplicity. Not to start a flame war but I just don't like the iPhone form factor and I can't stand using a Blackberry. Maybe I have not tried hard enough to like them... haven't given them much of a chance. I remember when I first got a Palm Vx as a gift and thought "what am I going to do with that?" then liked it and eventually upgraded to a Treo 300, 650, 680.

I'll likely just run HotSync with Outlook 2003/2007 in XP Mode to support the Treo 680 until I find a smartphone that I like. Many nowadays (I think) want you to buy it with a data plan but I don't use mine for web browsing ... just for basic address book, password, shopping list maintenance.