1.    #1  
    My Treo 180, which was working fine yesterday, is acting very badly today. It doesn't have much 3rd party software on it, and I didn't install anything new yesterday, so I'm not sure what might be causing the issue.

I flipped the lid on it earlier & got a dead screen. A soft reset brought up the "palm powered" reboot screen but nothing else. So I tried a hard reset. That got it functioning again. I checked the battery level & it was at 100%. I then did a hotsync (with backup buddy) to do a full data restore. After hitting reset at the end of the data restore, I get a "Fatal Alert" error message that reads:

"DataMgr.c, Line:8589, Index out of range"

A soft reset and a hard reset both bring me back to this screen. This isn't looking good. Anyone have suggestions for what else I can try to do to fix it?

I'd say if a hard reset doesn't bring it back (which it really should!) it's hosed.
  3.    #3  
    I finally got a hard reset to work.

Dumping AOL IM and the PQAs out of my backup directory and then reinstalling got everything working again. Why/when/how those files got corrupted, I have no idea.

At least I have a working Treo again!