1.    #1  
    The reason I am looking at buying a Treo is not for the email or web browsing. I just want my phone and PDA in one.

With that in mind would I be required to change my sprint service to the new Visions or what ever they are calling it?
    Now that is a good question. I am pretty sure that you are going to have to chance your plan, but you do not have to purchase any data if you are not going to use that option.

If you can not get a good answer by Monday, please let me know and I will find out for you.

homer
    According to the sales guy I spoke with last night (Colorado Springs) any of the plans are available for the Treo. He said the Vision/3G service is an additional $10/month for 2MB over their regular plans. Vision/3G is free for the first 3 months.

I went with a Family Vision plan ($89/2000 anytime min/2MB). He took $30 off the Treo (not much, but every little bit helps). He also said that I can change calling plans for no fee or contract extension for the first 5 months of the contract.
    Originally posted by brianblank
    According to the sales guy I spoke with last night (Colorado Springs) any of the plans are available for the Treo. He said the Vision/3G service is an additional $10/month for 2MB over their regular plans. Vision/3G is free for the first 3 months.

I went with a Family Vision plan ($89/2000 anytime min/2MB). He took $30 off the Treo (not much, but every little bit helps). He also said that I can change calling plans for no fee or contract extension for the first 5 months of the contract.
    Man sprint is all over the place on pricing plans. I am in the process (after about 1.5 hours on *2) of signing up for 500 / 4500 / 8 megs for $89. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $no$ $$ $of$ $the$ $phone$, $and$ $also$ $had$ $to$ $sign$ $a$ $1$ $yr$ $contract$. $This$ $plan$ $is$ $a$ &$quot$;$family$ $plan$&$quot$; $with$ $one$ $extra$ $phone$ $sharing$ $the$ $minutes$ / $megs$.
    I talked to a salesperson today and they definitely tried to steer me to one of the new plans saying it was tailored to the Treo. After I told her that I had read everything I could on the website plus forums like this, I was able to get her to agree that I could keep my existing plan. For me the websurfing and e-mail isn't that important - I have a computer that is much faster. I am looking for simply a phone/PDA combo.

Also, if you go to Sprint's website you can order the phone there and it gives you the option (again they try to steer you) of going with one of the plans that are in effect already and not the new plans.