1.    #1  
    FYI. According to this article, Sprint charges some of its customers $3.50 per call for customer service calls. Sprint (and AT&T Wireless) is also changing its pricing schemes and now charges airtime when its customers use their phone to check how many minutes have been used in the billing cycle, according to the article. Has anyone who's bought the Treo 300 and signed up for Sprint's new service noticed whether any of these extra fees etc. apply to the new plan?
    If you read clsoely, you'll notice that they say Sprint only charges this to custumers on a plan that is for high risk users (I.E. low credit). This plan would definantly not have vision services on it, and thus most Treo 300 users will never encounter it.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    From the article
    Sprint instituted the customer services fees in November for subscribers of its ClearPay plan, a special program for customers viewed as a credit risk, said Sprint spokesman Dan Wilinsky. None of its other customers is charged for customer service, Wilinsky said.

I do know that I don't pay for CS calls. I've checked my bills, and the asked CS if they deduct airtime. Then again, I'm not on the ClearPay plan.

One thing that Sprint did gouge me on was their extension of the peak-time period by one hour, to 9 P.M., despite the fact that my plan was under a 1-year contract (oh, I'm sure there's some disclaimer reserving the right to change the terms at their convenience). Since I make calls to the East Coast once or twice a week, that extension is not insignificant.

I'm going to be looking very hard at the contract this time. I really dislike this nickel-and-diming, especially charging for bandwidth rather than airtime -- which is why Sprint insists that you need PCS Vision to use the Treo, despite the fact that people are using it on their Free and Clear plans right now and accessing the internet via dial-up. The Sprint reps in my area won't even sell the Treos they have in stock right now until Sunday, so that no one will have the chance to put 2 and 2 together.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by miradu
    If you read clsoely, you'll notice that they say Sprint only charges this to custumers on a plan that is for high risk users (I.E. low credit). This plan would definantly not have vision services on it, and thus most Treo 300 users will never encounter it.
    Actually, I did read that, which is why I said that Sprint is charging some of its customers $3.50 per call for customer service calls. Nevertheless, the gist of the article seemed to be that Sprint and AT&T were becoming more aggressive in recouping revenue by charging fees, airtime, etc. for services that used to be free. So new Vision PCS subscribers and Treo 300 buyers need to be aware (caveat emptor) of what fees etc. may be tacked onto their service plan. I've also read in other posts that some members were able to negotiate certain terms in their plans. If some of the new fees etc. are in the Vision plan, potential subscribers may want to negotiate with Sprint on these items.