1.    #1  
    I purchased a samsung a500 phone today and my first impression is that it's an ok phone. I'll know better when the 3g is up and running on the phone. My problem is that i liked my samsung I300 very much. After I sold it, i bought a treo 90 to be my palm. I liked it, but not having a light behind the keyboard made me return it and purchase a sony clie. Now i'm thinking that i should return my clie($400) and return the a500($300) and just buy the treo 300 ($500.) How do you people who bought one today like it? Should i do this?
    I have an I-300, and I just bought the treo 300. I'm very happy with the purchase, I can tell you more when I activate the service on sunday. The treo does have a lighted keyboard

The BIG win for the treo over the i-3000, of course, is high speed browsing and push email. Another big win is the keypad. I'm pretty good at graffitti, and typing time for me is about the same as the keybad, but for some reason its less "stressful". Maybe its the novelty, not quite sure.

One thing I miss over the i-300 is the "home" key. It takes two keyhits to take you to the apps menu. Not sure how annoying it will be in the long run.

Of course, the treo has no analog roam capability. Also, it has no replaceable battery, so get used to plugging it in (defiently buy a cradle from hadspring. The plug in can get pretty tiring pretty quickly).

The display is brighter on the i-300, but to my eye the treo 300 is acceptable.

I also saw and played with the 7135. The display is to die for, but the phone is heavier, thicker than the treo. Also, I think the clamshell design would wear thin on me after a while (do I have to open the phone just to check my calander?)

Since I couldn't stand carrying two devices around, I would definetly go for the treo.
    Last edited by work_permit; 08/08/2002 at 11:24 PM.
    Where did you see the 7135? How easy was it to open with one hand?
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
    Originally posted by work_permit
    I have an I-300, and I just bought the treo 300. I'm very happy with the purchase, I can tell you more when I activate the service on sunday. The treo does have a lighted keyboard

The BIG win for the treo over the i-3000, of course, is high speed browsing and push email. Another big win is the keypad. I'm pretty good at graffitti, and typing time for me is about the same as the keybad, but for some reason its less "stressful". Maybe its the novelty, not quite sure.

One thing I miss over the i-300 is the "home" key. It takes two keyhits to take you to the apps menu. Not sure how annoying it will be in the long run.

>>> You can reprogram this with Treo Button.. very cool and free app.

Of course, the treo has no analog roam capability. Also, it has no replaceable battery, so get used to plugging it in (defiently buy a cradle from hadspring. The plug in can get pretty tiring pretty quickly).

The display is brighter on the i-300, but to my eye the treo 300 is acceptable.

>>> I personally think that the Treo screen was brighter than my I300 was.

I also saw and played with the 7135. The display is to die for, but the phone is heavier, thicker than the treo. Also, I think the clamshell design would wear thin on me after a while (do I have to open the phone just to check my calander?)

Since I couldn't stand carrying two devices around, I would definetly go for the treo.
    Originally posted by doctorc
    I have my applications (home) activated by the 2nd button which normally activates calendar. Simply go to button preferences and set the desired button to applications
    As a former I300 owner, I can tell you I am REally liking the Treo 300 which each passing day. See me thoughts on in a separate thread "First impression from a form I-300" owner. I think you will like the 12 bit color, better phone book integration, jog dial, etc.

I will miss spi300.com forum... some great guys over there.
    Roger
    Where did you see the 7135? How easy was it to open with one hand?
    I friend had one as a demo. Opening it takes two hands (Its definetly not a captain kirk flick of the wrist)

You can reprogram this with Treo Button.. very cool and free app.
    Cool app, I've downloaded it and used it. Of course, if I reprogram a button for home, I lose another button. No big deal.

The display is brighter on the i-300, but to my eye the treo 300 is acceptable
    I should have said the display is brighter on the 7135, but to my eye the treo 300 is acceptable. The display is definetly nicer than the i300. I should be more careful in my posts