1.    #1  
    Ok, I know people have already posted for the 270 that the screen is much easier to read in the sun that the Visor Prism, but I need more details and about the 300. I can't get the 300 if the screen is not easily read in the sun.

Will somebody please please please take their 300 into bright sunlight and report back here about how easy it is to read?

Thanks!
    -Cyrus
    not very easy to read in the sun, not at all in fact. might want to consider a black and white treo like the 180 (errrpp!) if you need to view in the sun... or get a Pocket PC which typically have better (reflective surface) screens.
    If you are looking for a "can you read it in bright sunlight" answer, it's yes.

The contrast is not great, but I could clearly read everything, with and without sunglasses.
    CyrusL,

I have a 270.

The sun turns your color device into a black and white device.

Can you read it in daylight? Yes, you may want to adjust the brightness/contrast/backlighting, but you wouldn't want to do it for long periods of time. Unless you really wanted to.

I don't wok outside, so the only time I usually need to read the screen is to get the time.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Iggie
    If you are looking for a "can you read it in bright sunlight" answer, it's yes.

The contrast is not great, but I could clearly read everything, with and without sunglasses.
    To follow up on this. I took the phone out into high noon sunlight today. I could read the phone (it was easier to read this than it was for my i300). It was a bit hard to read and was not pretty. But I could clearly see well enough to dial etc...