1.    #1  
    Hi all, can one use the Treo300 with the regular Sprint plans (like my existing one) or does one HAVE to have a 3G plan to use the Treo300? For now I'd just like to use the Treo for regular phone calls and not have the 3G data service. Is it possible?

Thanks,
    m_sik
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    yes it is possible to use a regular, non-3G sprint plan with the treo 300. that's what i have right now, while i wait for 3G to launch.
    Originally posted by GearGoddess
    yes it is possible to use a regular, non-3G sprint plan with the treo 300. that's what i have right now, while i wait for 3G to launch.
    GearGoddess, can you still use data on the old plan, at the slower speeds? Or do you not have data access until 3G?
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    no data access until 3g launch Sunday. Can't use old data.

also, you will have to change your plan to a new 3g plan if you want voice + data (this is what 2 spring reps at *2 have told me but for all I know they are crack addicts).

thus, if you have some nice tasty plan with 8pm or 7pm night start times like I do, you can kiss them goodbye if you want to go up to 3g.
    Originally posted by doctorc
    Can't use old data.
    Is this based on what they are saying, or have you tried it? It would be interesting to put in the wireless web settings from the I300 (dial number is #2932, username is web, and password is web) into the Treo 300, and see if it'll connect.....
    After an hour on the phone with SPCS, I was told that they are no longer activating Treoo 300 (for example) 3G phones until Sunday. I told them I'd seen people on the Web who had gotten theirs activated. They said they quite on Thursday. I said the phones came out on Thursday. "No, they've been out for a month or two" (apparently for beta) I was told, "but no more will be activated until Sunday."
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com