1.    #1  
    Like doctorc I purchased a Treo 300 today. Also like doctorc I was told they could not activate til Sunday (they just found this out this morning). I have not tried the *2 option.

My initial impression... very SWEET. I also have the promotional pricing if it is not on the sprint website.
    Roger
    Please post any pricing that you have.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Some of the pricing is in the Sprint press release. The big question is whether the Treo is a "PDA" under this plan, which would allow users to have a $39.99 per month plan for 20 MB of data (instead of a meager 2 MB of data in other plans). The press release doesn't make this clear at all.
    I purchased a Treo 300 this morning in Salt Lake City, where I'm on vacation. As I already have a Sprint PCS phone, I activated a new number for my wife and transferred my old number to the Treo. My plan allows us to share 800 anytime minutes and 5200 n/w minutes on the two phones, plus I have 20 MB of 3G data. The price was $89.95/month for all of it. They also gave me a $100 discount on the new phone.

Haven't had much chance to play with it yet (as I'm on vacation, I haven't synched with my PC yet, but will tonight), but everything works. I've been amazed at how easy the web surfing is. I'll set up e-mail tonight and report back.
    Originally posted by curtiscarmack
    I purchased a Treo 300 this morning in Salt Lake City, where I'm on vacation.
    Will Sprint allow you to activate a phone in one city with an area code for another city?

My plan allows us to share 800 anytime minutes and 5200 n/w minutes on the two phones, plus I have 20 MB of 3G data. The price was $89.95/month for all of it.
    Really? That seems to be different than what's in the Sprint press release listed above, which provides for 2 (not 20) MB of data.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    curtis, you must mean 2mb. 20mb would be awesome though! how did you get the $100 discount? i only got a $20 & only because i signed up for sprint long-distance at home.
    A couple of answers while I've got a minute: (1) yes, you can activate an out-of-state area code, at least at a Sprint PCS store; (2) my plan has 20 MB, not 2 MB; (3) Sprint has many promotional plans that are not listed on the brochure, but are available if you ask what they have (again, at a Sprint PCS store, anyway); (4) the $100 discount did not apply to the Treo, it was on the second phone I purchased for my wife -- I think there may be a hook regarding how long you've been a Sprint customer, but I'm not sure.

I'll check in again tonight.
    sorry for the crappy quality but i had to use my digicam, no scanner. this is from the brochure i got in-store this morning.

plus you can add more mbs : with the 2mb plans another 6mb is only $10. with the 8mb plans another 12mb is $20. after this its $.02 a KB (so don't go over!)

in addition to these plans are 2 data only plans. 20mb for $40 or 70mb for $80.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by theoverlord
    sorry for the crappy quality but i had to use my digicam, no scanner. this is from the brochure i got in-store this morning.

plus you can add more mbs : with the 2mb plans another 6mb is only $10. with the 8mb plans another 12mb is $20. after this its $.02 a KB (so don't go over!)

in addition to these plans are 2 data only plans. 20mb for $40 or 70mb for $80.
    These are the same prices I saw on the brochure, but the Sprint rep also had a sheet with about 15 more promo plans, including the one I got. Again, if you don't see what you want, ask, as they might have it.
    1) The guy at the Sprint store said that data is free for the 1st 3 months while they figure out final pricing. That was his answer to "what does 'introductory price' mean with these plans you are showing me"

2) There seemed to be a "PDA Plan" that was something like 29 for 20MB and 39 for 30MB. Didn't list any voice allotment though. Perhaps you buy this in addition to a voice plan?

3) I am planning on the cheapest voice + 2MB plan + extra $20 a month for data.

4) I need to understand my usage patterns on this thing. Perhaps just email, simple websites and SMS won't take much. I can tell you that 2MB would last me about 2 hours on the www with my regular desktop machine, just in banner ads
    How did you activate your phone to work on the web already? Can you go through a step by step process? I thought the 3d network wasn't supposed to be until sunday. I just got mine today. Thanks.
    Ditto... how did you get it activated. People at *2 are telling me I am SOL until Sunday AM. Bastards ;0P
    I didn't do anything -- they did it at the Sprint PCS store. After I left, the device did a network update and updated some software on its first connection, then I was home free. Maybe this will only work in Salt Lake City, but it does indeed work here. My rep had been working with his Treo, including web browsing, for about three weeks as of this morning.

As to data pricing, the numbers I saw were final, no free data for three months. Some plans did have three free months, but those were for basic 3G phones, not the Treo.
    In NYC, the demo unit in New York was hooked up and working, but the store wasn't able to activate my unit. Neither was *2, or landline tel #. All three said sunday.