1.    #1  
    Can the Treo 300 be used as a modem connected to a laptop? I will be using a Powerbook Titanium and Mac OS 10.2....
    Yes, with the correct data connection cable to connect the Treo 300 to your laptop. These haven't been released yet (accessories) but should be available within the first month of its release (August)
    Originally posted by dionymnia
    Yes, with the correct data connection cable to connect the Treo 300 to your laptop. These haven't been released yet (accessories) but should be available within the first month of its release (August)
    Are you sure about this? Out of the box, neither the Treo 180 nor the Treo 270 can be used as a wireless modem to connect to your laptop. Some creative individual found a way to make the Treo into a modem via IR, but that's all so far. If the Treo 300 could do that, that would be something that the other models couldn't .... and I thought the only major difference between the models was the carrier (GSM vs. CDMA).

-Doug
  4.    #4  
    well, I sure hope it would work somehow...... with 3G, hooking it up to a laptop is a HUGE feature....

I received this response from the makers of the wireless modem software:

It should work fine; while we have not tested it on a Treo 300 (because it isn't out), we see no reason why it wouldn't work. However, please download the demo before purchasing and verify this for yourself.

Thanks.

On Wednesday, August 7, 2002, at 07:45 PM, Brooks Weisblat wrote:

Will your wireless modem software work with the Treo 300 and Mac OS X?

thanks!

Brooks
    I believe that my WirelessModem program will work with the Treo 300 <http://www.notifymail.com/palm/>. I hope to get my hands on one soon to test it. Based on the information I've read, it should work fine. As for OS X, most definitely; I may have to tweak the driver a little, but once I get a unit, I'll do what I can to support it.
  6.    #6  
    sgruby, your application would allow the laptop to make a ppp connection through the treo correct? dialing into an isp?

I wonder how this would work with 3G? since you would have to use the sprint provisioning as the ISP, how would the laptop get an IP address and so forth?
    Originally posted by Fikse
    sgruby, your application would allow the laptop to make a ppp connection through the treo correct? dialing into an isp?

I wonder how this would work with 3G? since you would have to use the sprint provisioning as the ISP, how would the laptop get an IP address and so forth?
    While I believe it would work, I have no idea how to configure it. Until I get a Treo 300, I'll have to rely on others to figure it out.