Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I was able to connect via GPRS. For some reason i can't make regular phone calls now. It tells me that I didn't pay my bill. I think customer service must have messed up something. I can't browse through gprs either, I think this is because of the restriction they placed on my account becuase they think I didn't pay my bill. I did get an IP address along with the IP's of the gateway and dns servers. If I get my service working again I'll post if I can browse through GPRS.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    ShockSSL,

Who is your service provider?
    Cingular
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    There is a new Reply to post 'gprs patch....where is it!?!?!?' at TreoCentral.com.
    This discussion board bug is really * me off.

I gave all my settings, but the short version is that I have Web and email access throughg my VPN voicestream GPRS service - using the internet3 APN. Still working on the WAP APN method.

Phone seems to work ok, headset bug fix still a fix!
    Official Statement from Handspring as published by PalmInfocenter:

The GPRS Upgrade is being made available to limited audiences in the Asian Pacific region and New Zealand in conjunction with local mobile operators, in addition to our distributor GrandTech. Very soon we will launch a GPRS Upgrade for all of our customers worldwide and we suggest that you wait for this version if you do not live in the regions and countries mentioned above. We cannot guarantee your experience nor will we support it if you choose to use a version of the upgrade that has not been released in your market with your mobile operator. If you decide to execute the download, please be aware that you will not be able to re-install the original ROM should you encounter difficulties with the software. Handspring will roll out GPRS to broader markets worldwide over the next several months and we urge you to wait until your mobile operator is supported before installing the GPRS Upgrade on your Treo Communicator.
    Several months!!! What the hell are they thinking??
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Official Statement from Handspring as published by PalmInfocenter:

Several months!!! What the hell are they thinking??
    That said, I think I will pass for now, although I will be monitoring these threads frequently. Sounds exciting though.

This is too complicated for rats.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Did any of you VoiceStream customers was able to make the Blazer browser work after applying the patch?

It appears that VoiceStream are using a transparent accelerator (provided by Speedwise) that redirect your browser to this application and it is not compatible with Blazer (or other Palm broswers too).

I just called VS support and asked if there's a way to bypass this accelerator and they asked me questions about my device...
    ... As soon as they heard I am using the latest patch they told me "No support for you... bla bla bla".
    It seems they are aware of people installing the beta patch and they decided not to support it (aka, answer questions) until Handspring officially release it.

Anyone was able to use it on Blazer and VoiceStream ?

Enjoy,
    Ixtab
    Got my GPRS working. I had to use the DNS servers for the CSD instead of the automatic ones I got from DHCP. Good luck guys.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Since it seems some of you are able to get your Treo's working via GPRS on Voicestream, and I am not. Can someone please post the settings that you are using that are working ??

Thanks
    Chris
    cwisnoski@mindspring.com
    :-(

The screen seems to be stuck on the Running Flash Updater portion and never changes.

I don't know how long I should leave it...

Bollocks.
    /Trev
    Download 6.5 MB
    http://www.handspring.grandtech.com/GPRS_upgrade.exe

WARNING : This GPRS UPDATE FOR ASIA ONLY ( SINGAPORE )

The GPRS Upgrade is being made available to limited audiences in Singapore and New Zealand in conjunction with local mobile operators, in addition to our distributor GrandTech. Very soon we will launch a GPRS Upgrade for all of our customers worldwide and we suggest that you wait for this version if you do not live in the countries mentioned above. We cannot guarantee your experience nor will we support it if you choose to use a version of the upgrade that has not been released in your market with your mobile operator. If you decide to execute the download, please be aware that you will not be able to re-install the original ROM should you encounter difficulties with the software. Handspring will roll out GPRS to broader markets worldwide over the next several months and we urge you to wait until your mobile operator is supported before installing the GPRS Upgrade on your Treo Communicator.
    I successfully flashed my ROM with the GRPS patch and am enjoying some of the minor benefits it brings like a "Mute" function for the microphone and the ability to have the speaker phone option changes.

I may go ahead and sign up for iStream just to try it out but don't anticipate staying with it until they come up with a better pricing plan.

My original ROM is safe as I used JackSprat to save it so there is no worry of not being able to undo the experiment. As others have posted my Treo now says "T-Mobile" at the top of my speed dial page instead of Voicestream now. It also added new connection option in my Network settings like "T-Mobile Internet" and "T-Mobile VPN." It's also true that you don't have to use GPRS all the time so even if I try the $19.99 plan for a few months I can still use the regular plan and not eat up mb's. You have the option of "Locking" or "Unlocking" the Network connection option you choose.

All in all I am very pleased with my experience with the patch. Just follow the instructions and you should have no problems. Its a little bit of a pain to have to open up 6.5 mb of space on the Treo by deleting and then re-installing stuff later in order to do the patch but it's well worth it in my opinion.

Ahhhhh.... life is so exciting!
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    The upgrade, that is... I now have mute, call barring and dial speakerphone. GPRS also shows up in the connection options.

Unfortunately, my SIM is too old for GPRS. I'll get a free upgrade from my provider, but it'll take a couple of days. I'll be back then :-)
    Originally posted by spyder
    The upgrade, that is...
    I forgot to mention it: I didn't need the "hack", the upgrade worked out of the box for me. So I guess this isn't really "Asia only", since I'm in Europe
    The install doesn't seem to work 100%.

My Treo is unusable as a phone (PDA functionality is AOK).

I'll be sending the unit on monday, it has to be a hardware fault as the install process simply halted (an hours wait and still no change).

Ah well, just as well I kept my Ericsson T39m as backup :-)

/Trev
    Originally posted by tlyall

/Trev
    Did you try to make a hardreset and the restore a ROM-Backup?

Ciao,
    Joachim
    Originally posted by Soko

Did you try to make a hardreset and the restore a ROM-Backup?

Ciao,
    Joachim
    Hmm, one would like to think that I made a backup :-)

I really should have thought things through a bit more.

Can anybody help with trying to restore the original ROM with JackBack and a ROM image?????

Hopeful,
    /Trev

I'll be sending the unit on monday, it has to be a hardware fault as the install process simply halted (an hours wait and still no change).

Ah well, just as well I kept my Ericsson T39m as backup :-)

/Trev

Sound like your SOL now! I'm sure you read Handsprings statement.
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Sound like your SOL now!
    SOL??

/Trev
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast