Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Same with Cingular. Not yet supporting the Treo with GPRS. Oh well, I'll just wait.
    no service available for Gemany's O2

Well, well, well it seems that at last all those *GIMMIE-THE-DAMN-PATCH* people finally got what they wanted and still they didn't Now we have to wait for all our service providers to enable GPRS.

One down, thousands to go...

yours truly,
    anderas
    treo me, who do you have service with? What's your registry settings at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Handspring\Treo\YOUR HOTSYNC NAME\ISP

Where you replace YOUR HOTSYNC NAME with your palms hotsync name.

Whatever service you have we might be able to fool the patch into thinking we have service with your provider to get the patch installed. Once installed, we hopefully will be able to change the APN, Dialup #, USERNAME, and PASSWORD settings. For cingular I posted these settings on the thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=26410

Anyone else have any ideas?
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Deep in the install, there's some "Carrier*" files - which are indexed by GSM codes (i.e. 310 160 is a T-Mobile code in the US). For each code there are "settings". Looking down the list, some have GPRS sounding settings, while others are all 0.

I would try to fool the installer that I'm on "SingTel-G9" as that seems to have some interesting additional settings which might be "enabling", but I cannot try it as the above registry setting does not exist for me. Anybody know where my "T-Mobile" setting is stored (I have Windows 2000). It *IS* stored on the PC locally, as you can get the GPRS install failure even without my Treo connected.
    Since it asks for your username, it might parse through some file in your Treo user directory, ie C:\Program Files\Handspring\....

Maybe some backup file or in the archive folder.
    I would bet is is CurrentCarrier.PDB in your BackupFolder. It lists 310270 in it.
    I used a hex editor to edit that file and changed my carrier code to 525 010 and it is at least installing now. Wish me luck.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    There is a new Reply to post 'gprs patch....where is it!?!?!?' at TreoCentral.com.
    Trying the same thing now...
    It worked. I got the new features such as speakerphone when dialing and call barring. Havene't tried the GPRS yet.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Can you post the modified file thanks...
    This should work. I overwrote the original because I didn't want the wrong one being restored when I restored my treo. Be sure to remove the ".txt"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    But... if you install with that carrier code, would it ever work with the other carrier... or can you re-install your *old* carrier.pdb file to get it to work with VS?
    I'm adding GPRS to my account right now. As soon as I get it setup with Cingular I'll test out to see if it works.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    septimus,

My phone came back as normal after the flash, and works on Voicestream. Will try GRPS later today if I can find the right information online.
    http://www.voicestream.com/products/...m/overview.asp

20 bucks for 5 months is the lower limit..

...btw: the vbulletin is VERY confused right now, I replied to your post, wrote the above message, hit submit, and got this:

---
    There is a new Reply to post 'gprs patch....where is it!?!?!?' at TreoCentral.com.

---
    ...explains why we've seen it above.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Somehow the wrong message was posted under my username.

I had asked: How do we explain this in the above link:

* Accessing T-Mobile Internet on your PDA requires the Windows CE operating system
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I got on using my VPM GPRS settings on Voicestream. I had to create my own GPRS account, as the built-in one (Had a T-Mobile) didn't work out the box and was "locked" - a new feature?

Having problems with Blazer though. Current on with EudoraWeb. Will play some more to get Blazer and WAP working ...
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast