Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    sweet,
    i just figured out how to keep the treo 90 from turning on when you hit one of the buttons. i dont need 2buttonhack anymore!

if you hold the power button to lock the keys and then, heres the kicker -- you let it power off by its self - when you hit one of the four lower buttons, it doesnt turn on!

try it!!!!
    Sweet! It works...I've been perplexed because I only seem to turn the Treo on in my pocket during work and normally I use ClockPop so I didn't want to have to turn the hack off while just working....
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    You might want to try your treo buttons again about 60 seconds after it powers off. Even thought the keyboard is locked, mine become active again. I sent a unit back because of the stylus problem and it turned back on the same way, so I assume all units do this.

The keyboard lock was not intended to turn the hardware buttons off. It's just there to disable the keyboard during phone calls on the communicators so you don't start typing with your cheek. It apparently disables the hardware buttons for a minute for the same purpose.

Just don't want anybody lulled into a false sense of security that their is locked off.
    You're right....after a period of time the keys become active again. I thought this was a great idea. I haven't had alot of trouble with mine coming on in my purse (separate pocket), but I have had a couple of instances. Too bad this doesn't work. It was so simple.
    Michelle
    I occasionally do have my treo pop on in my satchel. I have my auto off set for 1 minute, but still, if it gets bumped on numerous times throughout the day, it can reduce weaken the batteries a few percent.

It would have been nice if Handspring had updated this feature for the 90 to just disable all buttons but the power button when the unit is off.

Two Key On Hack appears to be the free alternative. I just enable it when I really need it.
  6.    #6  
    Oops! lol

rats! you had to spoil all the fun. i thought for sure this was an answer.
    oh well, back to 2buttonhack i guess.
    Sorry,

The truth hurts sometimes. This time it just drains batteries.
  8.    #8  
    i wonder if there is a way to get a hack to extend the 'feature' for longer then a minute.
    something for the handspring guys to tackel i guess.
    i dont have much experiance with writing hackmaster-type hacks. if anyone does 'hint-hint' then you could make millions. j/k
    I develop Palm apps as a hobby, but am not good enough at it to create hacks. (And the problem with learning to create hacks is that they will be defunct in OS5.) But now that you've put out the thought, maybe someone with the skill will consider it.

I believe there's a shareware hack called StayOffHack that was made for the Palm5 that does what you want, but I don't know if it's Treo compatible. Guess a download from PalmGear couldn't hurt. (hint)
    stayoffhack doesn't work with my treo 90. I've been looking for other options... I think I'll go find 2buttonhack now...
    Deep Sleep is in beta. It's designed to disable the four app buttons on the Treo. I installed it. It's works fine.

It comes with Trapweaver, which is shareware and must be installed with it. I'll decide in a month when the beta runs out if I'll buy it or not.

http://www.twilightedge.com
  12.    #12  
    ya, i tried deep sleep, funny thng, the beta says "trial version expired Sept 15" and then quits working.
    oh well.
    i guess i i buy the software, i wouldnt have that problem

it looks like a cool peice of software, just what i asked for
    I love my Treo 90.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by aristarchus
    stayoffhack doesn't work with my treo 90. I've been looking for other options... I think I'll go find 2buttonhack now...
    ya, stayoffhack doesnt work with my treo either.

by the way, what ive been calling 2buttonhack is called two key on hack.

you can find it here
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...2&prodID=40046

i like deep sleep better i think.
    you can get that here
    http://www.twilightedge.com/deepsleep.html
    im not sure how much $ it will be for the full release, but i hope its not too much
    a neat thing about deep sleep is that if you hit a buton more then once in a great while, it does turn on. nice idea i think.

as a side note, i sent an email to handspring informing them of their 'feature', and asked it it could be extended. i also requested SD I/O support. i suguest you do the same about the SD I/O support, because they wont add this feature unless people ask for it.
    Last edited by adderx99; 08/19/2002 at 07:11 PM.
    I love my Treo 90.
    Deep Sleep sounds good but I also get good use out of ClockPop which I am assuming Deep Sleep will render Useless...that's why I am looking at 2buttonhack.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
  15.    #15  
    from the website:

NOTE:
    - Quick, repetitive pressing of the four app buttons will occasionally turn on the device; Deep Sleep is only designed to prevent wakeup from the less-frequent button presses that occur while inside a pocket, purse or case.

i think it will work, post your results.
    I love my Treo 90.
    Well I haven't tried it yet, but Clockpop functions when you push and hold a button down...maybe it will, have to try.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    I've been using Deep Sleep on my Treo 90 for a full 12 hours now. I've tried quickly pushing app buttons. I occasionally get the screen to flash, but it hasn't turned on. Alarms are not affected and HotSync works fine, but you're right Alex, ClockPop won't activate. I really like ClockPop. It actually makes a great flashlight in addition to telling the time. I may return to TKOHack just so I can use CP.
  18.    #18  
    hum too bad.
    of course, it is beta, and i guess now would be a good tome to write the company about the clock popup thing.

- im alex too. lol
    I love my Treo 90.
    Both my middle names are Alex, so I guess I can keep replying to this string.
  20.    #20  
    hehehe -
    i here by declare that no one shall post on this string unless one's name includes Alex, the best name in the world. (just kidding) -hehehe
    I love my Treo 90.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast