1.    #1  
    I just bought my 270 yesterday, and I noticed that before I inserted my SIM card, the SIM card voer on the back of the unit was perfectly flush. Now, after I have put the card in, it makes the cover jet out a bit and it is not really flush with the back of the unit. Has anyone else experienced this? Not a big deal, but slightly annoying when holding it in my hand. Thanks!
    The same thing happens on mine - but I don't feel it when I hold the unit, so it doesn't bother me.

Michael
    Ditto
    Same here also, but take care as it is very easy to dislodge the latch open accidentally and lose the cover together with the SIM card, I almost lost it twice,
    I had to put a small piece of paper in the gap of the latch to keep it tightly closed.
    Yes, some units have this problem. I returned 2 "replacement" units in a row due to defective back covers. They are supposed to SNAP into place otherwise you risk eventually losing your SIM card all together. I would advise you to return while still under warranty but as with me above you never know what you will get instead. I still have my original unit that I was trying to replace in the first place. At least my door snaps shut nicely. This has got to be the worst executed idea ever. I dont wonder why it took 6 months from idea to development. A little longer next time Handspring, please.