1.    #1  
    I have a At&t branded Centro that I want to give to my girlfriend to use on TMobile. I looked around and found a Unlock code generator that actually works with the centro. Now I put the code in it says the sim has been unlocked I go to restart the phone with Tmobile sim in it and then it says I cant use the sim with the phone. Any suggestions?
  2.    #2  
    Has no one ever had this issue? I assume it has something to do with the fact the phone has the centro At&t software on it but am unsure. Is there any way to change that software?

Also for anyone wondering the unlocker I got the code that the phone says it accepts from is World Unlock Calculator. If you select brand Maxon and use your IMEI it will give you some codes and I just tried them all and about 30% of them shown even the ones that dont say sim next to them will produce the sim is no longer locked message.
    All you need to do is to call ATT and tell them you are going to Europe in a week, and you want to use a local sim card while you are there. They will get back to you in two or three days with the unlock code. Free. And instructions.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  4.    #4  
    Tried that today the code they gave me does the same thing. It will say its unlocked then not be unlocked.
    Have you tried another SIM card in the phone? If another SIM card works then you know the problem. I had this problem, having just found out how to unlock the Centro, the SIM card remained "not allowed". The card had been disactivated.

For those interested, all Palm Treos/Centros seem to carry the unlock code. Using an applet called TokenWriter.prc (all links here have lapsed, but it can be found in "h77p://rapidshare.com/files/24548853/T6GSMUP305.zip" -- change 7s for ts) on your phone, type "list" and a number of interesting things will be listed. One will be called GoUc, which will have eight characters plus a box at the end. The characters translate like this:

Code:
    =>?@ABCDEF
    So if the GoUc is F@CE=CAB the unlock code is 93680645.

Dial *#*#YOURCODE# and press the green button to unlock.

spin
    Quote Originally Posted by _spin_ View Post
    Have you tried another SIM card in the phone? If another SIM card works then you know the problem. I had this problem, having just found out how to unlock the Centro, the SIM card remained "not allowed". The card had been disactivated.

For those interested, all Palm Treos/Centros seem to carry the unlock code. Using an applet called TokenWriter.prc (all links here have lapsed, but it can be found in "h77p://rapidshare.com/files/24548853/T6GSMUP305.zip" -- change 7s for ts) on your phone, type "list" and a number of interesting things will be listed. One will be called GoUc, which will have eight characters plus a box at the end. The characters translate like this:

Code:
    =>?@ABCDEF
    So if the GoUc is F@CE=CAB the unlock code is 93680645.

Dial *#*#YOURCODE# and press the green button to unlock.
    Sorry, this is a bum steer. The information kept by GoUc is written when the phone is unlocked. Before unlocking, GoUc is undefined. So, still shelling out for some internet bunch who charges for unlock software....

spin
    hello all,
    I have a T-Mobile Wing which I want to use with an AT&T prepaid SIM card. I called T-Mobile and received the SIM unlock code, but with the AT&T SIM inserted my Wing is unable to connect to the network (it simply says "Searching..." in the left corner indefinitely).

I understand that this device does in fact work with AT&T service so I am a bit mystified. Perhaps the solution is staring me in the face and I am just too daft to see it. If anyone could shine some light on this for me I would greatly appreciate it.
    For the record, I'm in the same boat as the OP. ATT Centro, t-mobile SIM. Enter code and it says it's unlocked, but then on reboot or different sim, it says it's locked again. This absolutely sucks!
    I tried to unlock my My-touch 3g using a Cingular Sim card and a T-Mobile supplied unlock code
    I have a At&t branded Centro that I want to give to my girlfriend to use on TMobile. I looked around and found a Unlock code generator that actually works with the centro. Now I put the code in it says the sim has been unlocked I go to restart the phone with Tmobile sim in it and then it says I cant use the sim with the phone. Any suggestions?
    Try it from any unlocking sites...