1.    #1  
    Anyone know where I can get a cheaper 270, and what do I do seeing that I already have a voicestream contract? Any retail stores have them, so I can get it ASAP? Also, PLEASE BEWARE OF A GUY ON EBAY WHO HAS BEEN STEALING PEOPLE'S ACCOUNTS AND LISTING THINGS LIKE TREO 270's FOR VERY CHEAP, i.e. $435.00. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT. IT APPEARED THE SELLER I WAS BUYING FROM HAD 100 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS, BUT IT ENDED UP BEING A THIEF!! WATCH OUT MY FRIENDS.
    At present you won't get a T270 from anywhere - they are on shipment hold while they sort out a problem with the backlight - http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...ype=Spotlight.

I suspect there will be no cheap sales while they are dealing with the backlog.
    From today's MSNBC (07-30-02):
    Auction fraud on the rise, some say
    Con artists getting more clever, vigilantes more frustrated

http://www.msnbc.com/news/784132.asp

Maybe we start the "Handspring Vigilante Squad"?
    Last edited by MikeK; 07/31/2002 at 03:49 PM.
    I almost made the same transaction , but this post alerted me. I have contacted eBay , and here is what they said...:

"Please be advised we have recently ended all listings for the seller noted above, as it appears the account has been compromised and used by an unauthorized third party. The account may remain suspended for a time while the incident is reviewed further.
    Under these circumstances, we advise that you do not complete the transaction, which can be considered null and void. If you have already sent payment, please cancel if possible. Stop payment through your bank if you paid by personal check. If you paid for this item with a credit card, contact
    your credit card company's security department to inform them of the potential problem. If you have made a payment by money order, please contact the issuer for further information. If payment was sent via Western Union, contact them by calling 1-800-325-6000. Money Gram inquiries should be
    directed to 1-800-926-9400.

For additional tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction, please view the following URL found on our help page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buyerguide/bidding-tips.html

If you have any questions, please reply directly to this email.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
    eBay Inc"

Thank you polyesterman

JJ
    Originally posted by polyesterman
    Anyone know where I can get a cheaper 270, and what do I do seeing that I already have a voicestream contract? Any retail stores have them, so I can get it ASAP? Also, PLEASE BEWARE OF A GUY ON EBAY WHO HAS BEEN STEALING PEOPLE'S ACCOUNTS AND LISTING THINGS LIKE TREO 270's FOR VERY CHEAP, i.e. $435.00. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT. IT APPEARED THE SELLER I WAS BUYING FROM HAD 100 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS, BUT IT ENDED UP BEING A THIEF!! WATCH OUT MY FRIENDS.
    Wow, that stinks. I purchased my 270 on ebay without problems, but I arranged to pick up the unit and pay at the same time while on a trip that took me close to the seller's location.

On Friday of last week, I saw 270s in stock at CompUsa, and I think they were a little less than the suggested retail, maybe 649 or 669 or something like that.
    Last edited by wtleaver; 08/01/2002 at 04:21 PM.
    Has anyone other than me noticed that when they post a reply to a thread, the forum doesn't always recognize that the thread has been updated? i.e. the last poster on the thread is incorrect, and the icon indicating a new post doesn't appear, yet the post is there?

It happened with my last reply in this thread, which was the second time it has happened to me. Let's see if this post will update the thread... (yep, this time it did).