Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I am caving in, can't stand it anymore and I'm trading in my 755p for the new iPhone4. I am sorry to be leaving Sprint but you know how these things go, it's only 2 years and God knows what devices will be available then. How would be the best way to get my contacts, memos etc over to the new device. I heard that they sync to Outlook via iTunes. Any thoughts/ideas?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    htc EVO and the Android platform is just awsome. The Treo is still good for a game of Scrabble or Monopoly which is not available for Android!?!
    If you're determined to leave Palm, wait for to Verizon when it's available. My DH hates ATT, and was going to upgrade this summer, but he's put off that plan until he can get VZ.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    so many good phones coming out and issues with iPhone keep getting wierder- droid x? EVO? samsung 4G line? whats to do? whats to do? I'm still sitting on 2 sero plans and two 755p's

Roi Batty

call me old fashioned, but I can't justify just to jump ship
    because of all the glory the other phones get.
    Personally I find it is just hype or the desire to have the latest phone model.
    Tell me if you have a better reception or your voice sounds
    better with the I-phone. Games not interested - I use the phone for work. E-mail/texting don't feel that the other ones do it better.
    Browsing on the Internet - that's maybe a valid point. Appointment scheduling show me what the other ones do better.
    Now to the price point, oh you have to have the latest phone but with a data cap so they can siphon off more $$$$ and a higher monthly fee from you.
    Would not fall for that. I call it more a prestige object and not a necessity.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    clearly I am not an early adopter but have held on the 755p for a good long time. Its time for an upgrade- better computing capabilites, messaging, calendar, contacts, word processing, faster internet - these are all ways I would benefit by upgrading and yes, I think I have done well to keep the SERO plan as long as I have...

btw- met an iphone 4 in the flesh and owner said he had no reception problems whatsoever - really pretty, very fast phone.

Roi Batty

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    I am caving in, can't stand it anymore and I'm trading in my 755p for the new iPhone4. I am sorry to be leaving Sprint but you know how these things go, it's only 2 years and God knows what devices will be available then. How would be the best way to get my contacts, memos etc over to the new device. I heard that they sync to Outlook via iTunes. Any thoughts/ideas?
    I have 10 years of contacts, calendar entries, to-do's, memos and a real easy, secure no-cloud-problem sync on my 755p that gets me through the night, the day, the week, the month and the year. With the 755p I know where I was back July 2001 and where I'll be in July 2011, all with a simple click of the sync. Managing my life without the 755p? Can't imagine the challenge. I don't want to give it up and nothing comes close to replacing or even replicating what I have. Isn't it supposed to be that techie improvements should improve on what you have rather than supplant, supersede and obsolete what you have? Nothing out there comes close to my 755p and I'll be buying them up on ebay so that I have 10 years more of easy pim and sync.
    Last edited by 842867; 07/08/2010 at 11:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    well, there is that...

Roi Batty

I second the Sprint HTC Evo 4G. I left the iPhone 3GS for it. Awesome phone!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I have the Treo 755p and got a Moto Droid just to sell it on eBay. My daughter has the HTC Incredible and loves it. The best thing I know about it is that it's very hard to text and drive so most people that have it simply don't. Hurrah! That simply scares the crap out of me. The is only one thing I like better than driving and that is fishing. And texting and driving makes me want to walk.
    DH is waiting 'til January for the iPhone 4. I have no plans to jump ship. I love my 755p, mostly because when people ask if it's a Crackberry I tell them "No, it's a Treo - it's what a Crackberry wants to be!"
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    me and my squeeze are unable justify newer phones especially with the sero plans. aiming for the 3rd year next may. Really is an excellent phone and for all the reasons mentioned above it is real easy to keep. the weather drudge report and a couple of other websites are enough reason to keep it not to mention the ease of texting. the 755p is almost as good as the 7135.