1.    #1  
    Just got one and very happy but:
    1. why didn't they put the speaker on the outside so you could use speakerphone with it shut?
    2. why did they put the wireless on/off on the top button so i keep pressing it when i'm putting it in the cover-is there any way to turn this off?
    3. Where's wap?
    4. Why doesn't it do voice activated calls esp from hands free kit? This nearly made me go back to my battered nokia as it's much easier to use voice than buttons when driving.
    5. Can you receive nokia ringtones???
    6. Why no option to transfer sim to phone book as well as to speed dial?
    7.sms could be better with folders for storage - also how do you reply without using the pen?

still cool though!
    1. Well the spearkerphone on the outside would be an inte4resting design. but it wouldn't allow them to double the speakerphone as the earpiece for the handset.

2. I think the wireless on/off button is right where it should be. I couldn't think of a better palce. Have no idea which case you are using so I cannot comment on that. I have no problem with the belt clip cases that I am using.

3. Wap is in Blazer. You should be able to surf any well designed wap site with the browser.

4. Voice activated calls is interesting too. I have had it on my last couple cell phones. I rarely used it.. and when I did, it was very inconsistent. The smart lookup feature of the address book is a good subsitute for voice dialling.

5. You can convert Nokia ringtones on the web to ringtones that the Treo can use. Do a search for "HoHo" on the boards to learn more.

6. I used to think this too. But then I realize that it would be cumbersome. All the information that SIM card has is a number. The phone book can hold much more than that. Transferring to the speed dial makes a lot more sense.

7. Well I am not sure why anyone would want to waste memory with SMS messages. But what do I know? You can always copy the message and put it in the Memo Pad I guess. You can access the reply function using the :menu: R on the keyboard.
    Re voice activated dialing, if you're using Cingular there is a voicemail upgrade called Wildfire that is said to do voice activated dialing and more. Haven't tried it, costs about $10/month extra.
    Kami
    7. sms could be better with folders for storage - also how do you reply without using the pen?
    You prod it with your thumb!

I make you right on folders on SMS, though. You can tell the software was written from an American perspective where SMS is hardly used. My old Nokia 9210 had the SMS application integrated with the email app -- worked a treat.
    Originally posted by Kami
    Re voice activated dialing, if you're using Cingular there is a voicemail upgrade called Wildfire that is said to do voice activated dialing and more. Haven't tried it, costs about $10/month extra.
    Wildfire has been available on Orange for a couple of years now in the UK. There's a good multimedia demo on http://www.orange.co.uk/wildfire/

The only difference on Orange is a one-off fee of 10 to activate rather than a $10 per month subscription.

I used it for a while but the novelty of a personal virtual secretary soon wears off & voice recognition in a busy street isn't accurate. Probably good in a car though I guess on handsfree.
    i would love to have voice activated dialing so i dont have to pull the thing out of my pants everytime i make a call. i thought voice activated dialling is already very standard.