Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I've searched through the archives, and haven't seen anything really relevant to my Treo. It's just plain *quiet*. Half of the time, I have to turn on the speakerphone just to be able to use it normally. If I plug a headset into the little jack, forget it... people on the other end can hear me OK, but I cannot hear them more than the faintest whisper.

Is there anything that can be done to get it to work at a reasonable volume? Mine spends all of its' time at max volume, for whatever good that does. I'm aware that the *exact* placement against the ear has a lot to do with it, too. But I want to use it as a speakerphone without constantly screaming at it because I can't hear, and I want to be able to use a headset.
    There have been posts wanting a volume increasing hack, so perhaps something will come of that. However, if you cannot hear them even in a quiet room, either you have a hearing problem or your Treo is bad. Is it still impossible to hear when there is nothing else around you? The Treo is by no means a loud device, but if you aren't stretching truth, then something is wrong.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Well, the speakerphone part may be a little exaggerated... sometimes it's OK and sometimes it isn't. Thinking back, it seems like *any* background noise at all makes it very hard to hear, so that may be all me. But the headset... it's completely unusable. The headset worked perfectly well with my old Sprint PCS phone, so that isn't it.

I bought it used from someone else. Would Handspring do anything for me if this was determined to be a defect in my individual phone?
    I bought it used from someone else. Would Handspring do anything for me if this was determined to be a defect in my individual phone?
    ALL Treos are still under warranty, since the first model was introduced less than one year ago. I doubt HS would give you any grief, but I don't have the warranty in front of me.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    There was a good thread on headphones a while back in the general comment section. I use a bodyglove headphone, and need to turn the volume DOWN to the absolute minimum in order to not be deafened, and sometimes I even move the speaker a little out of my ear to further cut down on the volume!