1.    #1  
    I just got the visor edge and I've been wondering about something...

Is the datebook program completely redundant? can it be removed or is it in the OS bearing chip that can't be erased, it seems rather dumb to have both date book and date book plus unless date book plus depends on date book for it's core files... can anyone answer this?

D
    See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil
    Originally posted by daisuke
    I just got the visor edge and I've been wondering about something...

Is the datebook program completely redundant? can it be removed or is it in the OS bearing chip that can't be erased, it seems rather dumb to have both date book and date book plus unless date book plus depends on date book for it's core files... can anyone answer this?

D
    datebook+ is a lite version of Datebk3, which has some enhanced functionality over datebook.

However, while you can beam events with datebook, datebook+ for whatever reason doesn't have this ability.

You can't remove it since it's stored in the Visor's ROM.

just ignore whichever one you don't use.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am...

Datebook+ totally depends on Datebook....as do Action Names and DateBk (all versions)...right...they all use Datebook as the base, and add-on functionality to it. That's why all the Clie users using a Flash ROM edit tool wonder why AN or Dkbk isn't working after they've removed the 'base' datebook or contact programs....

Datebook+ is really DateBk v3 stripped down a tad.

And No, you can't get rid of it. I just always 'hide' the base Datebook under System...then I don't see it in my Main view....
    Last edited by dorelse; 07/26/2002 at 01:16 PM.
    Re vera, potas bene.
    Originally posted by dorelse
    Datebook+ totally depends on Datebook....as do Action Names and DateBk (all versions)...right...they all use Datebook as the base, and add-on functionality to it.
    I believe they just share the database file. I don't think they share any actual code (API) between them.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Ok...I'll just shut up now.

I 'assumed' (see the problem) that all the add on datebooks would code to use Datebook API's to call basic functions and had to add code for anything after...but you know...I've been batting 0-3 this week..so time to shut it!
    Re vera, potas bene.