1.    #1  
    i'm in st louis with a 270 using voicestream. my problem is i have a wireless headset that will not work. does it have something to do with the flip on the treo or the on off button on the headset that came with the treo. is there a way to remove the software for the headset?
    Check the ever-ignored User's Manual for the requirements for a headset to be used with the Treo.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  3.    #3  
    how about trying to be less of a smart *** and post comments that are constructive. i read the manual from cover to cover my book only talks about the provided treo headset.
    Sounded to me like a perfectly sound constructive comment ---
    RTFM --- is always an appropriate to questions where the manual applies and the person making the quey makes no mention of the detail of having read the manual.

Gary
    Originally posted by NOFEARPI
    how about trying to be less of a smart *** and post comments that are constructive. i read the manual from cover to cover my book only talks about the provided treo headset.
    While I won't contest that I may be an ***, thanks for acknowledging the "smart" part and putting it first.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    Originally posted by UniPalmer

While I won't contest that I may be an ***, thanks for acknowledging the "smart" part and putting it first.
    That's pretty darn funny. I have to remember this one next time someone calls me a smart *** (probably later today).

To answer the original question in non-technical terms (the only kind I know), if you use a headset that is compatible with a Nokia 3000 series or 8210 phone, it should generally work. There aren't too many out there. Seidio.com has about 4 models that are compatible with the Treo. Hope this helps.
    I really should let this aside-thread die a quiet death, but this chastisement brought back a memory from almost 20 years ago. When I first started teaching, one of my mentors expressed his opinion that I was a smart ***, but that one day I would become a wise ***. I had hoped I had progressed a bit more. Oh, well.

It's probably my history of teaching that leads me to reflexively respond, when asked a question for which the answer is already provided or readily available, to: "go look it up."

Time for a new sig!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    We live in a society where people like things to be spoon-fed to them. No one wants to read anymore. One of my pet peeves about this site is the repititious postings about the same issues that have been discussed ad finitum. I guess the search function should be more prominent.

Originally posted by UniPalmer
    I really should let this aside-thread die a quiet death, but this chastisement brought back a memory from almost 20 years ago. When I first started teaching, one of my mentors expressed his opinion that I was a smart ***, but that one day I would become a wise ***. I had hoped I had progressed a bit more. Oh, well.

It's probably my history of teaching that leads me to reflexively respond, when asked a question for which the answer is already provided or readily available, to: "go look it up."

Time for a new sig!
    Originally posted by NOFEARPI
    i'm in st louis with a 270 using voicestream. my problem is i have a wireless headset that will not work. does it have something to do with the flip on the treo or the on off button on the headset that came with the treo. is there a way to remove the software for the headset?
    No worries, I'll try to help you without bashing you like the rest of these morons (Yes, you people are!)

Ok, this is what I know about the wireless headset situation. The only model that will work is the Plantronics M1500 as I am using it now with my T270 and it works as advertised.

No for the sad part, my Wi-Fi network sometimes gets bumped by the M1500 and likewise. Another neat thing that has started to happen is that my Panasonic 2.4GHz phone also causes problems with the M1500. I read awhile back that Bluetooth devices could cause these types of problems.

Reading your manual would not have helped you with this problem and you people that flamed this guy should ba ashamed! These forums are for all of us to help one another learn more to get more out of the use of our Treo products.
    Hey Thegman,
    '

I guess I am one of the helpless morons here. Anyhow, this issue has been discussed both here and on Treomb.com several times, All he neded to do was search for wireless headset. I do not thinking that pointing out the obvious is flaming or mean. I am willing to help people ..as you can attest from most of my previous posts. But, G*D only help people that help themselves. I am not saying that I am g*d,, but I have pretty much the same philosophy.
    If only we could use our powers for good and not evil knevil
    Ahhh, the ever helpful and friendly Treo community.

Kupe

"Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach"
    --- Anonymous
    Originally posted by yardie
    Hey Thegman,
    '

I guess I am one of the helpless morons here. Anyhow, this issue has been discussed both here and on Treomb.com several times, All he neded to do was search for wireless headset. I do not thinking that pointing out the obvious is flaming or mean. I am willing to help people ..as you can attest from most of my previous posts. But, G*D only help people that help themselves. I am not saying that I am g*d,, but I have pretty much the same philosophy.
    Well, after excersizing a search on this site for e"wireless headset", I found some pretty meaningless threads that really only discussed "corded" headsets and not "wireless" ones. More specifically, no one actually discussed possible solutions to a working wireless headset and the Treo 270. I only visit this site so I cannot speak for the other sites.

By the way, I believe this was the only specifically named thread that has even discussed this subject for the 270.
    Originally posted by thegman

Well, after excersizing a search on this site for e"wireless headset", I found some pretty meaningless threads that really only discussed "corded" headsets and not "wireless" ones. More specifically, no one actually discussed possible solutions to a working wireless headset and the Treo 270. I only visit this site so I cannot speak for the other sites.

By the way, I believe this was the only specifically named thread that has even discussed this subject for the 270.
    Assumption --- When one says "wireless headset" on a board discussing a particular wireless/phone/PDA, I would assume that we are talking about a standard headset and not a headset generating more RF between a TX/RX. The original poster gave no indication that this was a wireless headset for a wireless phone. I don't FIND a wire less headset for a wireless phone anywhere.

Gary
    thegman:
    Would really appreciate a response to my question.
    Have sent you a couple of emails on it.'
    Thanks.

thegman:
    Does the M1500 "mute" function work with the Treo 270?
    Also, I'm running a 802.11b 2.4Ghz home network too ... how does the M1500 "bump" the network and how often/bad is it?
    Thanks in advance for your advice.

Originally posted by thegman

No worries, I'll try to help you without bashing you like the rest of these morons (Yes, you people are!)

Ok, this is what I know about the wireless headset situation. The only model that will work is the Plantronics M1500 as I am using it now with my T270 and it works as advertised.

No for the sad part, my Wi-Fi network sometimes gets bumped by the M1500 and likewise. Another neat thing that has started to happen is that my Panasonic 2.4GHz phone also causes problems with the M1500. I read awhile back that Bluetooth devices could cause these types of problems.

Reading your manual would not have helped you with this problem and you people that flamed this guy should ba ashamed! These forums are for all of us to help one another learn more to get more out of the use of our Treo products.
    Last edited by LinJS; 08/20/2002 at 03:25 AM.
    Originally posted by Gary G. Little

Assumption --- When one says "wireless headset" on a board discussing a particular wireless/phone/PDA, I would assume that we are talking about a standard headset and not a headset generating more RF between a TX/RX. The original poster gave no indication that this was a wireless headset for a wireless phone. I don't FIND a wire less headset for a wireless phone anywhere.

Gary
    Well when the subject line says wireless headset and the body of the post says wireless headeset, he is clearly talking about, yup, a wireless headeset. Why would anybody refer to a standard headset for a phone as a wireless headeset, if he didn't mean a wireless headset? Is there some new term in which we should be referring to wireless headsets?

Maybe Bluetooth would suffice?
    Hi all
    How is Plantronics M1500 with Treo 270????
    Is it really good in real life????

Thanks in advance and Best regards ,,,