1.    #1  
    Pocket Quicken 2.0 has been released for over a year now. Clinton Logan of Landware promised at the time of release that they would continue to release regular updates to PQ. There have so far been only two incremental upgrades to PQ2: 2.01 (bug fixes), & 2.02 (Mac issues).

Has anyone heard of any PQ release rumors on the horizon?

Come on LandWare give us the same functionallity found on other popular finance packages!
    <><
    I too am looking for an upgrade as I think that Quicken 2003 will use a different format for the datafile and I worry that it won't synch properly with Pocket Quicken. I always update to the latest version of quicken as my life pretty much revolves around it.. well at least my finances!

Mike
    I just called Landware and asked about any new releases. He couldn't offer any clue as to a time frame.
  4. yim
    Pocket Quicken 2.02 was released on aug 16th
    go to palmGear to down load
    jim
    Jim Klapste
    jimmy@newnorth.net
    http://www.newnorth.net/~jimmy/
    Originally posted by yim
    Pocket Quicken 2.02 was released on aug 16th
    go to palmGear to down load
    jim
    Doesn't qualify as an update unless you are a Mac user. That was the only difference
    Originally posted by LanMan
    Pocket Quicken 2.0 has been released for over a year now. Clinton Logan of Landware promised at the time of release that they would continue to release regular updates to PQ. There have so far been only two incremental upgrades to PQ2: 2.01 (bug fixes), & 2.02 (Mac issues).
    Regular updates don't necessarily mean the same to everyone. An update every 5 years is still 'regular'.
    Has anyone heard of any PQ release rumors on the horizon?
    Nope, but I really haven't been looking.
    Come on LandWare give us the same functionallity found on other popular finance packages!
    I'm really not sure what functionality those others would have which would make up for the one that all of them (except for one hacked solution) lack: direct synch with Quicken. Granted, YMMV.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I upgraded to Quicken 2003 (Delux for Windows) over the weekend. Pocket Quicken 2.02 works fine with it. I did not try 2.01.
    Originally posted by nmarrion
    I upgraded to Quicken 2003 (Delux for Windows) over the weekend. Pocket Quicken 2.02 works fine with it. I did not try 2.01.
    Does anyone know if Q2003 handles downloaded transactions any better? For example, is there any way of turning OFF this match feature?
    Originally posted by doni

Does anyone know if Q2003 handles downloaded transactions any better? For example, is there any way of turning OFF this match feature?
    Good question! That match feaure is a huge pain in the ****. It seriously reduces the utility of PQ for me.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quicken 2003 works the same as 2002. It is possible to disable the "auto matching" of transactions.

A claimed feature of 2003 that I have not explored yet is that it is apparent much better at "auto matching"

The cool things for me about 2003 are:
    Better dashboard/interface
    Better online connectivity -I now connect online with my bank, all my credit cards, my investment brokers & 401K provider
    Able to schedule unattended downloads

As ever it's evolutionary rather than revolutionary improvements!
    Quicken 2003 works the same as 2002. It is possible to disable the "auto matching" of transactions.
    Thanks for the info. I've been using Q2001 since 2/01 and didn't know Q2002 had the ability to disable this feature.
    It is possible to disable the "auto matching" of transactions.
    How?
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.