Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,

Its been a while since the last update, but Ringo v3 beta 10 has now been posted to http://electricpocket.com/ringo3.zip

I am hopeful that this is a stable release and that all known issues have been resolved. Please send any bug reports directly to me, iain@electricpocket.com

Ringo v3 offers Treo 180 and Treo 270 users:

* Set individual ringtones to callers and groups
    * Show caller icons and photographs on incoming calls
    * Compose new ringtones
    * Easy access to 100's of new ringtones for your Treo

Full details are here...

Cheers,
    Iain
    I have a 270, but for me it is a pda first, internet device second, and phone third, so I don't get the whole ring tone thing. Why waiste money and ram for sounds? It isn't like you can't see the the number who is calling you.

While I'm on this minny rant. Photographs that pop up on upcoming calls? Don't you know who you gave your the number to and how they look like?

Both "features" are cute, but I just don't get their popularity?

I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Personally, I liked the different ringtone feature on my old (and now stolen) Nokia because I could always tell when my girlfriend was calling. Of couse I can see that it's her but not when the phone is in the next room. So that's where the popularity is coming from, at least for me :)

Pictures is a bonus, I guess. Indeed, it doesn't add to the usability but it's neat. With the ringtone composer already build into Ringo you'd only need a supported graphix program (which I haven't found, yet) and you can let your friends customize their own ringing configuration. Cool :)

But in the end, all these things are just as usefull as those new phone covers for regular cell phones, which I think are pretty lame.

my two euro cents :)

anderas
    Felipe you don't understand the need of such a tools. OK.

But me, i do not understand people who post just to criticise the job of developpers !
    Hacking FreeMax
    <I><a href="http://groups.msn.com/TreoFrance">TreoFrance</a> , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo</i>
    FreeMax,

I also don't understand people criticizing other people criticizing.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    @iainb

is there a history file somewhere? The link to 'more details' doesn't really tell what changes have been made. Sometimes it helps to decide wether or not the download is worth it.
    Originally posted by treopolis
    @iainb

is there a history file somewhere? The link to 'more details' doesn't really tell what changes have been made. Sometimes it helps to decide wether or not the download is worth it.
    I believe that most of the recent beta updates have been for stability, but as you know Ringov3 adds the picture ID capability. For all those who had frustrations with earlier versions, I would recommend downloading v10. I've been using it quite heavily and haven't had a single crash. Ringov3 is definitely a fun way to show off the treo...

I need Ringo 3.0 Beta 6 or Beta 1....
    Is here any body Know where can I find it...

Thanks a lot in advance ,,,
    Hello,
    I have installed the beta10 of ringo, but the problem of the crash remains.
    I have executed of the tests and the crash is primed when telephone call arrives one at the same time and a SMS.

bye
    I have been trying Ringo 3 Beta 10 on Treo 180g and have minor problem.

I have upgraded my phone to 270 and have encountered problems when I received call. I will need to do a reset.

The last incident happened when I was doing a Hotsync. A call came in and I can see the sync message on the Ringo 3 screen with the color picture. The Sync messages went on for a while until the Reset message appear.

ANy similar problem out there.
    Chai
    I installed Ringo across to my Treo270 but when I look on the palm its not there....if I look to delete it...its there!

Why can't I see it on the palm or run it? I tried a reset as well but this didn't make it appear.
    Make sure that you are looking under all the "All" Category on your main launcher screen. If the file that you installed is a prc (e.g ringo.prc), then you will see it under the all category.
    HI

Yeah, I looked under "All" and in the "Unfiled" categories....but not there. Its only there when you go to delete it and it appears as Ringo-15colour.prc......

Any ideas?
  14.    #14  
    This is only the icon set - you also need to install the ringo.prc file from within the zip. ringo.prc is the actual application which will show in the launcher...
    darn....something so simple! It works.....thanks
    I upgraded to the Ringo 3 beta 10 a few days ago. When I used it the first few days, it was working fine. Starting from today, a few calls made my Treo hangs up ( need to soft reset ). Among the calls, some are unknown calls and some are defined callers. I thought I got the stable version finally, but I was wrong. I will not use the software again until there is a final bug free version. I missed a few important calls because I forgot to check my Treo every 10 minutes to see if it's still working.
    Originally posted by Ricky3333
    I will not use the software again until there is a final bug free version.
    I agree with you. After the phone hung up a couple of times I decided to deinstall and wait for a final release. Maybe TCRinger would have been the better choice afterall...?

andreas
    TCRinger works flawlessly and is great if yiu do not want pictures showing up when you get a call. It appears that the developers (our very own SGruby) is resting in his laurels. Development of the app has been stagnant. I can only speculate that they did not sell as much copies as anticipated.

Originally posted by treopolis

I agree with you. After the phone hung up a couple of times I decided to deinstall and wait for a final release. Maybe TCRinger would have been the better choice afterall...?

andreas
    We are selling plenty of copies of TC ringer (enough to justify a new version if needed), but at this time the program does all we wanted it to do.

- It is easy to use
    - It does exactly what it promises

Image support was never planned for TC Ringer (since that isn't a requirement for Audiable Caller ID), but we can always change our mind if the buyers are requesting it.

We have some other new features planned - the coolest one being Sending and Receving ringtones over SMS.

TC Ringer DOES NOT currently work with the Treo 300, so an update should come out shortly.
    I haven't had any problems with the newest (registered) version of Ringo. Funny thing is...prior to installing it, I was having to reset my Treo constantly due to some fatal error. <shrug>
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast