Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have the GPRS upgrade 1.0 and I'm using Ringo 3.1a on a Treo 270. I've only had one lockup in a week. I used to have 4 or 5 lockups a week from incoming calls.

Much better than before but still not perfect.
    Rob
    I upgraded to GPRS v1.0 and the first call I received after the upgrade (with Ringo 3.1a) crashed the phone.
    - GPRS works great!-

I uninstalled Ringo immediately!

Maybe I should give it another chance...
    To carry on with the story of my life with Ringo...

I re-installed Ringo 3.1a on my GPRS 1.0 Treo 270 for two days now... and not a single crash.

Cross fingers!
    It seems that the phone crashed with Ringo 3.1b when the caller has no ID.
    Version 3.1b? I've only seen 3.1a, where did you get 3.1b?

Dunc
    A bad habit that Ringo 3.1 seems to have:

After a software upgrade (such as upgrading to GPRS 1.1 -I had the same experience previously when I moved to 1.0), Ringo becomes unstable and crashes with every in-coming phone call.

You need to uninstall it, perform a couple of soft resets (I really wonder why...) and install Ringo back.

It worked for me twice already!
    A bad habit that Ringo 3.1 seems to have:

After a software upgrade (such as upgrading to GPRS 1.1 -I had the same experience previously when I moved to 1.0), Ringo becomes unstable and crashes with every in-coming phone call.
    Version 3.1a is out, I've been running it since last week, and it now supports picture caller id on the 300. I haven't any crashes yet - have you tried it, to see if it fixes your crash issues?

The only issue I've found with it, so far, is that it does not handle groups properly. But in talking with Iain there should be a fix for that shortly.

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc

Version 3.1a is out, I've been running it since last week, and it now supports picture caller id on the 300. I haven't any crashes yet - have you tried it, to see if it fixes your crash issues?
    Dunc
    Yes, the issue I mentionned was with Ringo 3.1a.
    In any case, a much more stable version than before.

Again, after you go thru the process of uninstalling / installing the app, it is stable.
    No complain about it.

As you said, the only problem I see now is that some groups do not recognize their picture / ringtone and use the picture / ringtone of other groups, no matter what you're doing (such a deleting / re-creating that particular group configuration.
  9. kin
    Just tried this version and it still crashes my Treo from time to time. Unfortunately not stable yet so I'll have to wait a little longer.

Still a good program and look forward to a more stable version.
    Originally posted by kin
    Just tried this version and it still crashes my Treo from time to time. Unfortunately not stable yet so I'll have to wait a little longer.
    Ringo made my Treo unstable again!

It happened after I installed a couple of new apps.
    I suspect that Ringo has incompatibility issues with some apps.

As soon as I can find the time, I'll try to uninstall / install my other apps one by one to see which one(s) conflitc(s) with Ringo.
    I have installed the GPRS 1.1 and make sure everything is working fine, then I installed the Ringo ( I downloaded it one week ago, I assume it's the latest ) again and gave it a try. It was stable for almost a week ( any type of call - even with no caller id ), until today there was a call with no id and it crashed. I have been using Ringo for a few months already and I couldn't figure out a pattern for the crash --- it's random. Did Ian put a random crash function included in the software ????
    I have been using Ringo for a few months already and I couldn't figure out a pattern for the crash --- it's random. Did Ian put a random crash function included in the software ????
    Ha! Yes, I'm sure he did that just for you. I've been using the latest beta for a few weeks now, actually since before it was officially releasled. I'm running it on a Treo 300, so my environment is slightly different then yours, but I haven't had any issues at all. Groups are working great now. Known and unknown callers are all handled properly. No complaints. Keep up the good work Iain.

Dunc
    I'll be sending this to Electic Pocket also, but wanted to let everyone else know:

With Ringo 3.1e installed (Trial version) on a Treo 300, if the phone rings and you attempt to pick up the call via the headset button, you will immediately hang up on the caller (or send them to VM). If you uninstall Ringo, then the headset button feature works as expected, picking up the call.

I thought that it was important enough for others to know so that you do not end up hanging up on people, or think that you just didn't get to the call in time.

Otherwise, I think Ringo is a pretty decent product so far...

--- bry
    Wow, that's a pretty serious bug. I haven't used my headset in ages, so I guess that's why I haven't noticed it. I'll dig it out on the way home tonight to try and simulate the problem.

Dunc
    I have Ringo beta trial and have not seen that occur. I use my headset button daily....
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Well, I dug my headset out and gave it a whirl - I'm not seeing the issue either. But I am having issues with ringtones. I tried to assign a ringtone to Unknown numbers today. Whenever I tried to preview the ringtone Ringo would lock up. Nothing on the screen worked. But I was able to get out of the app by pushing Blue button - Home. Anyone else having this problem?

Dunc
    Not sure if it matters, but the incoming calls I tried to pick up were ones that were not assigned anything special in Ringo. And, like I mentioned, this was on a Treo 300. Perhaps it was something specific to my setup, but removing Ringo resolved the handup problem. I even tried with two different headsets (HandSpring and Jabra).
    I'm using a 300 too, and my cursory tests yesterday showed no such problems using the Handspring headset.

Dunc
    Thanks for checking that out guys. It made me go back and do some more testing.

Yes, I was seeing the problem mentioned, but ONLY if Ringo AND TreoAlertMgr were enabled at the same time. I disabled TreoAlterMgr (PDAApps.com) and now Ringo is working with the headset pickup.

Not sure those that tested have TreoAltertMgr installed or not, but it would be nice to verify that this combination is what is indeed causing it.

--- bry
    An update on the latest Ringo version (as far as I know): 3.1e with a Treo 270.

The new version, when installed, does not make the system unstable again.
    A welcomed change!
    Not even one crash in over a week of testing.

But now it seems that Ringo doesn't recognise a contact that belongs to both a Group (which is the default setting, no matter of what!) and a Friend.
    A problem that I never saw before.

I tried all I could (the usual: couple of soft resets, delete / re-create all Friends, re-install Ringo):
    To no avail!
    When a 'Friend' calls, his/her picture/ringtone isn't used, while his/her group picture/ringtone is activated.

Any idea?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast