Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63
  1. #21  
    I was informed on 9 Aug that there was a couple more fixes on the beta 10 version. Your version might be the lastest one if you downloaded after that date. Please let users informed for any further problems.
  2. #22  
    Anyone know when either Ringo or TCRinger will work with the 300?

    Also, what file format are the ringer files in? Can I convert any wav / mp3 file into a ringer?


    Dunc
  3. #23  
    I installed the GPRS patch recently and it works fine except a conflivt with Ringo 3.0. I have been using Ringo 3.0 since I bought 270.

    The Treo 270 will hung after I received about 3-4 calls. The Fatal Error message appears when the phone ring. I have to do a soft reset and it is working fine without any problem.

    Anyone facing the same problem.
    Chai
  4. #24  
    heard from other users in a German forum that they not only had problems with Ringo 3 but also with TreoPictureID after installing the GPRS patch. Personally, I deleted Ringo 3 after it made me miss a couple of calls ... on my birthday!

    My advise to anyone out there who wants different ring tones: use TCRinger. You won't get pictures with you calls but at least you'll receive all you phone calls.

    anderas
  5. #25  
    After I installed the Ringo 3.0 final version, I still have the same problem. I think I will ask for a REFUND. It's got so many problems with GSM already, I wouldn't try it with GPRS.....everybody is busy with the GPRS upgrade these few days.
  6. #26  
    Originally posted by marcus

    Image support was never planned for TC Ringer (since that isn't a requirement for Audiable Caller ID), but we can always change our mind if the buyers are requesting it.
    I'm also experiencing crashes when using Ringo.
    Too bad. It's a very good apps otherwise.

    I am now shopping around to see how to replace Ringo.
    TC Ringer, should you have image support, I would try you.

    In the meantime, any suggestions anyone (I tried Treo Picture Caller ID but didn't like it)?
  7. #27  
    I don't know what my deal is but i've installed the GPRS update and am running the final version of ringo 3 and I haven't experienced any crashes.
    Steve Lineberry

    Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  8. #28  
    i love using ringo 3. however, when i installed the gprs patch on my treo - my phone hangs/ fatal error occurs and i have to do soft reset. The fatal error happens when i rec. my 4th call! i had to delete ringo3 .... after that, my phone doesnt hang anymore.

    can the developers check on this
  9. #29  
    I wish the developers would check on porting it to the Treo 300. How hard can that be? What's taking so long!?

    Dunc
  10. #30  
    chuaaa - i have the same problem previously. The 4th call abend is interesting....

    try go to some of the numbers and change the tone and save. You might need to go thru all setting and re-select the tone/picture and save.

    It works for me now.

    If not, try removing the picture and check.

    hope it helps
    Chai
  11. #31  
    Originally posted by Dunc
    I wish the developers would check on porting it to the Treo 300. How hard can that be? What's taking so long!?

    Dunc
    Well, maybe the fact that Handspring/Sprint have not yet release the developer information for the 300 yet. Rummor has it that the information was going through the normal "legal" routes, and should be made available to developers somethime in the next couple of weeks. I think you'll see many more apps updated for the 300 along with some new stuff. Ring Tones for the 300 are supposedly stored in the CDMA (proprietary) chips FLASH memory as opposed the way it is handled on the other Treo communicator models.
  12. #32  
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom


    Well, maybe the fact that Handspring/Sprint have not yet release the developer information for the 300 yet. Rummor has it that the information was going through the normal "legal" routes, and should be made available to developers somethime in the next couple of weeks. I think you'll see many more apps updated for the 300 along with some new stuff. Ring Tones for the 300 are supposedly stored in the CDMA (proprietary) chips FLASH memory as opposed the way it is handled on the other Treo communicator models.
    Handspring has been saying that the SDK would be released weeks ago. Still waiting...
  13. #33  
    Originally posted by chuaaa
    i love using ringo 3. however, when i installed the gprs patch on my treo - my phone hangs/ fatal error occurs and i have to do soft reset. The fatal error happens when i rec. my 4th call! i had to delete ringo3 .... after that, my phone doesnt hang anymore.

    can the developers check on this
    Same here!

    I removed Ringo from my Treo, since no problem.
    I contacted Ringo support who said that they were aware of the problem and that they are working on the issue.
    Let's hope they'll come with a solution soon!
  14. #34  
    I had to turn off the pictures to get mine to become stable. Something about displaying the images causes some timing issues when it returns control to the regular phone app.
    Rob
  15. #35  
    Ringo made available a 3.1a beta version.

    I tried it for the past few days and I'm quite happy with it: not one single crash (with an average of 40 to 50 incoming calls a day)!

    On the Electric Pocket Web site, look for...

    Note: Ringo is currently available for Treo 180 and 270 only, a version for Treo 300 is in beta... you can download and try the beta here.

    below the Treo pic.

    For your information, I'm using the beta version on a Treo 270...
  16. #36  
    I've been using 3.1a for about a week. It's been stable even with the pictures. I'm happy...for now.
    Rob
  17. #37  
    Have any of you tried to take advantage of the Treo's ability to play polyphonic ringers? That's what I am really interested in. If anyone can tell me if they have, and what utilities they use to run them, I would appreciate it.

    Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  18. #38  
    Originally posted by rmcalister
    I've been using 3.1a for about a week. It's been stable even with the pictures. I'm happy...for now.
    Pictures, not on the 300 - right? The developer told me that he couldn't figure out how to do the pictures on the 300.

    Dunc
  19. #39  
    I'm using Ringo 3.1 will full features (pictures included) on a Treo 270.
    Still not one single crash or picture / ringtone mix up as with Ringo 3.0

    Still happy.
    Cross fingers...
  20. #40  
    I am just wondering if you guys have upgraded to GPRS 1.0 yet? Does the Ringo 3.1a work with GPRS 1.0 ??
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions