Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I just recieved this email from Amazon. Does this mean that Handspring is discontinuing the 180?

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We've recently learned from our supplier that the item you requested to be
    notified about, Handspring TREO 180 PDA Phone, will not be available in the
    foreseeable future.

It's possible that someone may be selling this item through Amazon.com
    Auctions or zShops. We encourage you to search for it there if you're
    still interested in purchasing this item:

http://www.amazon.com/auctions?tag=webosnation0e-20
    http://www.amazon.com/zshops?tag=webosnation0e-20

We're sorry not to have better news for you.

Sincerely,
    Amazon.com Customer Service
    http://www.amazon.com?tag=webosnation0e-20
    Did you order a Treo 180g or a Treo 180. It seems from previous comments made by HS that they plan to eliminate graffiti models.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I had originaly ordered, and recieved from Amazon a 180 (not 180g). This email seems to be refering to that original order (months ago). I later sold my 180 and bought a 270....
    I did a search on Treo at Amazon and found this page. It says:
    Availability: This item is not stocked or has been discontinued.
    It's unclear whether Amazon has dropped it or whether HS has stopped supplying it, but it definately applies to the non-g.
    Jeff
    I hope their not discontinuing it!

BUT, I did order a 180 from Amazon last Friday and it still hasn't shipped from Amazon. I would've thought it would ship by Monday at the latest.

WOW.. I just checked their website and it now says this for the 180:

"Availability: This item is not stocked or has been discontinued."

I'm hoping that Amazon ran out of stock! I'm about to call Customer service to get clarification.
    My local Best Buy has the 180 tagged "Clearance" at $399 without activation.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It looks like Handspring have dropped the 180g - both the US and UK websites are not advertising this model. There are a few references, but they look accidental!
    Well... I was wrong in stating that I was going to 'call' Amazon. There's no phone number on their website! (unless someone has it and wants to share

I noticed 2 things about Amazon and the 180 this morning:

1. They had the 'discontinued/out of stock' early this morning, but now it says 'ships in 24 hours'

2. The new promotion is $250 discount on the 180.

Since, I ordered 2 phones (one for me and my wife) and only one of them said 'preparing to ship', I cancelled the one order and ordered another one with the new discounted price.

I also e-mailed Amazon (since it seems that's the only way to get in touch with their customer support) about getting the new discount price, since my one phone still hasn't shipped (but, I can't cancel it either).

What a day! I just want my phones, but I'll take the extra $50 discount.
    Just got my Treo 180 Monday morning at 1 AM ('rents picked me up at the airport and i made sure they brought it so i could play around in the car)

Even if it is discontinued, its new to me...and i have yet to see its full capabilities. We also know Handspring for being slow to release new products...so whats the alternative to the low end PDA/Cell phone combo? There isnt one, made by Handspring, that i know of. If the Treo 270 is put in the 180's place, at the 200 dollar price point i paid when i got my 180, im gonna be pissed!

But thats technology...what'ya gonna do about it?

Im happy with my 180, its better than my crappy Nokia 8290!

And i bet im the only 15 year old owning one of these things...
    Just got my Treo 180 Monday morning at 1 AM ('rents picked me up at the airport and i made sure they brought it so i could play around in the car)
    Exactly as I'd have done.

I share your sentiments, though. After being an early adopter I knew the price would plummet and it might make sense to wait a while for a drop or for a new model, but I wanted it!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy with it, and wouldn't have changed a thing. :-)
    Yep, if one can hang out for the 'new model', my source at HS Switzerland say they are working on the next generation as we speak - to be released 'sometime' next year... and apparently it won't have a flip-lid and will look more like a standard brick-phone and less like a PDA.
    Hey, but don't quote me, ok?
    Originally posted by nzmoko

Hey, but don't quote me, ok?
    Sure...i wont quote ya. Just wait until i get you on PIC...YOU WILL BE FAMOUS!

Im just kidding, but i wouldnt be suprised if you do get on PIC of what you just said...they put everything up as "Rumor".
    Hey I for one like rumors when it comes to technilogy and this is one of the reasons I like PIC. The rumors usually have some substance to them.

Anyhow, I would not be surprised if at least one new and unannounced Treo model is released later this year.

Originally posted by Drakion

Sure...i wont quote ya. Just wait until i get you on PIC...YOU WILL BE FAMOUS!

Im just kidding, but i wouldnt be suprised if you do get on PIC of what you just said...they put everything up as "Rumor".
    http://www.handspring.co.uk/products/treo/buyit.asp

the uk site is still selling it.

Jeroen