1.    #1  
    Hi,

As a long-time Visor Deluxe owner, I have taken the plunge and got the Treo 180 off Amazon (the $150 rebate was too good to pass up). I am eagerly awaiting Mr. Brown (UPS) to knock on my door.

Can you give any suggestions to make the transition of data/apps from the Deluxe to Treo 180? I'm not expecting any problems, but I would appreciate any feedback.

Also any feedback on these items would be great:

Belt clip case
    (Case Techworks' Convertible flip case looks good)

General accessories
    (I am definitely getting Seidio's Emergency Charger)

Applications
    (Handspring's Treo Mail is promising)

Thanks in advance for your help.
    I made the same step, but a few months (and several hundred dollars) ago. From that experience...

Do not attempt a backup/restore from Deluxe to Treo for applications. You will need to install all your apps into the Treo separately. Not fun, but a chance to review & maybe trim your list.

After that, sync with the desktop to get the data.

I've found that DateBk5 and QuickSheet still work very well, and MaTreo (gauges), TCRinger (assignable ringtones), and T-Blaster (keyboard game) are very handy.

I'll let others fill in more about apps.

Cases- I have a Reelline RipOffs CO-51A , which is a belt slip case or holster, so the whole case stays on my belt. Strong steel clip, good black nylon construction. I've tried the Case Techworks (props to GregGaub) and also a cheap belt holster from Brookstone, and the RipOffs has been my favorite.

Other accessories- Get an extra Handspring charger and sync cable, maybe the cradle. The car cord also is very nice. Since the Treo doesn't have a 'brainless backup' like the Springboard module, keeping the battery up is important.

I'm not using screen savers, since I use my fingernail more often than the stylus these days. Not too worried about scratching.

I'm sure others will chime in- hope this helps!

-G
    Impatience makes you UGLY.
    Originally posted by ggibby

Do not attempt a backup/restore from Deluxe to Treo for applications. You will need to install all your apps into the Treo separately. Not fun, but a chance to review & maybe trim your list.

I used BackupBuddy with my Visor, and it transferred all my apps & data automatically to my Treo with no problems.

As for apps - two MUST HAVES are Buttons-T (or TreoButton), and Treo Keyboard Utils. These two will provide essential functions that you wish were in the original design.

Michael