Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering what program you guys use in order to keep your checkbook and savings accounts balanced and stuff? I am using mini-ledger now and feel its somewhat lacking.
    I use Pocket Quicken which synchronizes with Quicken on my PC.

Michael
  3. jke
    Splash Money is the best, go to www.spalshdata.com and try it out. It has saved me several times. Also check out splash wallet a great value. And no I don't work for them, its just one of the handful of programs out there really shine
    I have heard good things about SplashData, but I use Pocket Quicken, as I got Quicken on my computer for free and it works great.
    Originally posted by PeppWaves03
    I was wondering what program you guys use in order to keep your checkbook and savings accounts balanced and stuff? I am using mini-ledger now and feel its somewhat lacking.
    I use QuikBudget for setting up my expenditures, and Ultrasoft Money for managing my accounts. I mainly use QuikBudget to enter all of my expeditures for the simple fact that checking accounts, et.al., only show what's left, not how much was spent on food, housing, etc. Yeah, Ultrasoft Money doesn't allow bidirectional linking between itself and QuikBudget (only QuikBudget -> Ultrasoft Money), but synchronization with Money 2002 more than makes up for this deficiency. There's another excellent account management software called Accounts & Loans which performs bidirectional linking between itself and QuikBudget (QuikBudget <-> Accounts & Loans). However, its synchronization with desktop apps such as Money or Quicken is lacking. Data import/export is available, but at considerable effort for the end-user. Hope that helps.

Regards
    Experience is what happens when something unexpected comes up.
    I third Pocket Quicken. As a desktop Quicken user, it's the only option I'd consider.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  7. jke
    I tried Pocket quicken and it is good but I found more value in Splash Money in terms of price and features. They all have free trials so, give them all a shot and see which works best
    I use Ultrasoft Money because it syncs effortlessly with MS Money. If your not using any finance program on your PC, PocketMoney is also a good product that never gave me problems in the past.
    --NickC--
    Originally posted by jke
    I tried Pocket quicken and it is good but I found more value in Splash Money in terms of price and features. They all have free trials so, give them all a shot and see which works best
    There is also a free 14-day trial of Pocket Quicken. Try the different software packages and decide which one(s) you like best. I personally have been using PQ for a little more than a year and will likely never give it up.

The trial is available at Landware .
    I agree with jke. I am an owner and proud user of Splash Money. The program itself is very user friendly and allows you to enter data quickly. It will remember people you have written checks to or purchased from in the past so that if you purchase from them again their name will automatically fill in (after you enter the first letter or two).
    Bilingual Project Manager
    RBC Ministries
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Another vote for SplashMoney. I tried Pocket Quicken extensively since I have Quicken on the PC and I still prefer SplashMoney.

Hitman
    Originally posted by PeppWaves03
    I will add another voice of support to Ultrasoft. If you don't have / want to use MS Money on your PC, look in to their standalone product called Checkbook. It also support for Bills & Deposits and a Reporter module to let you know how much you've spent in certain categories.

BTW, Ultrasoft has excellent technical support!

Briguy
    Try PocketMoney from Catamount, a powerful, clean financial tracking app.

http://www.catamount.com/PocketMoneyPalm.html

Standing/recurring transactions, reports and filters, running balances, beaming syncronization (if your significant other also runs it), Quicken support, Mac and Windows conduits, multiple currency support, and dead easy data entry (category and payee specific autocompletion.)

It was around for years and years on the Newton and was ported over to Palm and is solid and well thought out.

It also integrates nicely with two other Catamount apps, MPG (a car milage tracker) and CheckPlease, a restaurant bill splitter.

-Johnny0
    Treo 270 / Cingular
    Hi, I'm a user of pocket quicken...

I find it terribly confusing when I sync it with my Quicken 2002 deluxe software on my computer. I'm always in fear when I sync PQ.

Quicken sends files to my palmtop which are not relevant... like transactions from a month ago. with a 'R' symbol. Whereas, my quicken doesn't show the balance which I had on my palm before it was synced.

All in all, my whole account transactions are now messed up.

I sync my transactions every month or so... and the transactions unsynced are 100+.

Btw, do u use the transaction cleared feature? I never bothered to clear it since all my transactions deal with cash.
    Originally posted by PipSqueak
    Hi, I'm a user of pocket quicken...

I find it terribly confusing when I sync it with my Quicken 2002 deluxe software on my computer. I'm always in fear when I sync PQ.

Quicken sends files to my palmtop which are not relevant... like transactions from a month ago. with a 'R' symbol.

There is a setting in PQ under Options>HotSync Options that is a check box "All transactions dated" if you turn off this checkbox, Quicken desktop will no longer send transactions to your palm.

Whereas, my quicken doesn't show the balance which I had on my palm before it was synced.

The reason your Quicken balance changes after you HotSync is that you have transactions on your palm that get added to Quicken Desktop's transaction list. Once these transactions are added the balance reflects these. This is the whole reason for a program like Pocket Quicken--to enter transactions at the point of sale and transfer them to Quicken Desktop later.

All in all, my whole account transactions are now messed up.

I sync my transactions every month or so... and the transactions unsynced are 100+.

I don't see a reason why--other than probably forgetting to enter transactions.

Btw, do u use the transaction cleared feature? I never bothered to clear it since all my transactions deal with cash.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I have used PocketQuicken for over 2 years now. I find that I can't be brainless or lazy about transactions, otherwise balances get screwed up.

Here's how to keep everything kosher:
    1) Clear up your balances on Quicken (PC)
    2) Delete all transactions on PQ
    3) Sync
    4) Both Q and PQ should show the same balances, and maybe 90 days of transactions.

If you make any entries in PQ, then sync:
    1) Open Quicken and accept all transactions. You may need to fix split transactions. Sometimes these get messed up.

If you sync without accepting transactions, Q will not reflect them, and your balances will be messed up.

I suppose this is better than importing/exporting QIF files when you use certain other Palm finance programs.
    In addition if you're unable to get things straightened out, you can always contact Landware (the makers of PQ). In the past, I've always foudn them helpful and responsive to my problems and questions.

The longest I remember waiting after sending an email question was 2 business days (normally 1 though). Of course they do have a telephone number you can call and get free support.

201-261-7944 (Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm EST).
    support@landware.com

They're in NJ.
    Whereas, my quicken doesn't show the balance which I had on my palm before it was synced.

The reason your Quicken balance changes after you HotSync is that you have transactions on your palm that get added to Quicken Desktop's transaction list. Once these transactions are added the balance reflects these. This is the whole reason for a program like

The balance on Quicken should be the same as the ending balance on the palmtop before being synced. I mean, both PQ and Q has the same balance at first... I entered some transactions into PQ then the same transactions should also be entered into Q so that both balance ends up the same. But in my case, it doesn't
    been using pmt for years excellant program tracks multiple data money accounts
    Nothing beats the Ultrasoft Money (ultrasoft.com) ? M$ Money combination.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast