Originally posted by PipSqueak

The balance on Quicken should be the same as the ending balance on the palmtop before being synced. I mean, both PQ and Q has the same balance at first... I entered some transactions into PQ then the same transactions should also be entered into Q so that both balance ends up the same. But in my case, it doesn't
Well I would have to guess that it has something to do with the process of "accepting" or "matching" transactions. Quicken (2001 and later) attempts to reconcile the "downloaded" transactions with the transactions already in the account by matching similar transactions.

After you sync, start Quicken (desktop) and go through any account that has an exclamation point next to it (this represents the fact that there are transactions waiting to be accepted) hilite any that are labeled "match" and either "unmatch" until it switches to "New" and then accept it -OR- accept it as is.

This is the ONLY thing I can think of--I've been using Pocket Quicken with Quicken 2001 (Basic) since 2/02 and have never had any troubles once I figured this out.

If you still have trouble, I would HIGHLY suggest giving Landware a call--they do not charge for tech support and always answer right away (no hold--other than while they are transferring the call).

They'll be more than happy to help you.

Again, the info is 201-261-7944 (Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm EST).

support@landware.com

They're in NJ.