1.    #1  
    A new version of TreoAlertMgr is available at www.pdaapps.com. This program will notify you for missed calls, unheard voicemail and unread messages after the display has blanked off until you acknowledge the event.

PDAapps
    This is the first time I've become aware of the program. Just what I needed! Especially since I can't get the VoiceStream VoiceMail Icon to show up on my phone.
    --NickC--
    Originally posted by PDAapps
    A new version of TreoAlertMgr is available at www.pdaapps.com. This program will notify you for missed calls, unheard voicemail and unread messages after the display has blanked off until you acknowledge the event.

PDAapps
    Great program, but I upgraded to v.2 and had something very strange happen. When I finished my workout I noticed my gym bag buzzing over and over. My Treo 270 was stuck in a continuous 'buzz' alert from an incoming message. I had to soft-reset to get it going again. Could be a battery killer if you're on a trip and don't know the buzzer is going off.

Anybody else see this ? Normally it seems that PDAapps prc's are pretty solid.

Why aren't you using your Treo to keep track of your workouts? There is a great fitness program with wireless access called FitSync. You can learn more about it at www.fitsync.com,. Its got all 5 stars at PalmGear.com too.
    I've used the new version without problem. No hangups or continuous tones. Great program and greatly needed on the Treo.

Mark
    So here I am bored on a Sat morning, 60 days into owning a 270 (no problems to date), and thought I would add a new app. to my Treo "TreoAlertMgr". I can't get it to work! I've set up the app (enabled is checked, seconds between alerts: 120, Audible Alert is checked...) hit apply. Send myself an SMS and a voicemail and nothing reminds me!!

What am I not doing???
    I had the same problem last week. Then I realized that I actually have to pay for the program after the trial period if I want it to work. It never did tell me the trial period was over but I was assuming that was the problem.
    --NickC--
    Although if you just loaded it...I don't think that's your problem.
    --NickC--
    I can't imagine I'd have to pay for it to work! It's not like there is alot of set up to do. I just enabled it and set the time period for the reminder and then clicked on apply and then it automatically made me do a soft reset in order to enable the program. Is this what it's suppose to do?
    I finally got around to installin this today, and a few hours later an sms came in and the treo started beeping and buzzing erratically. It turned on but then froze. Had to reset. Yet another quickly deleted treo hack.
    How strange. I have been using TreoAlertMgr for almost two months...and it works fine for me.
    I got the program to work, but the only way it would trigger the reminder alerts is if the flash screen alert was checked. I have e-mailed pdaapps support and they are working in the issue.
    Uggh. Things were working wonderfully with my Treo 300... Prior to installing this software. I installed it this morning, about a half hour before getting in the car and going to work. I installed it, activated it, and immediately received this message:

DataMgr.c,Line:8589, Index out of range

I tried to do a soft reset but the machine kept getting the error. Finally, I had to do a hard reset. Resynced and it crashed again. Finally got my Treo back up by installing, and restoring everything except TreoAlertManager. Several other people, in the 300 forum, had similar results. Especially on machines that have / had the AIM client installed (mine was one of those).

I think I'll let a couple more revisions to this software ship before I try it again...

Dunc