1.    #1  
    seem to be many, ringo, tc, monkeyringer - any direct comparisons or opinions
    I too am looking for a ringtone app. People, show us the way to happy ringtones.

-aaron
    I like TCRinger becuase its design is smart and the GUI is nice. It also supports this great site. Ringo has more features than TCRInger, but I did not like the way it was laid out very much.
    Originally posted by johntravers
    seem to be many, ringo, tc, monkeyringer - any direct comparisons or opinions
    I use HoHo (because its free).

I have imported Nokia ring tones and midi files to the Treo ringtone database.

Note that you need something like Simply Install to get the midi files into the Treo's alarms database before you can copy them to the ringtone database using HoHo.
    I think Monkey Tone and TC Ringer are a very good compination...
    I'm using Monkey Tone to transfer the Monkey Tones to the Alarm Tones section (System MIDI...) ... then I'm transfaring them to the Ringer Tones(Treo Ring Tones) with TC Ringer...

Also, I have to say that I heared about HoHo much but I did not tried it... it should be good...

@SoCalVisor
    Where can we find HoHo for freeeeee...???

Best regards ,,,
    HoHo is no longer free. You may be able to find a free copy at www.freewarepalm.com though.

Originally posted by abutaleb75
    I think Monkey Tone and TC Ringer are a very good compination...
    I'm using Monkey Tone to transfer the Monkey Tones to the Alarm Tones section (System MIDI...) ... then I'm transfaring them to the Ringer Tones(Treo Ring Tones) with TC Ringer...

Also, I have to say that I heared about HoHo much but I did not tried it... it should be good...

@SoCalVisor

Best regards ,,,
    Originally posted by abutaleb75
    I learned about it from this thread .

However, as yardie states, it looks like the latest version, released July 3rd, is no longer freeware.
    The free HoHo can be had here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/music/hoho.shtml
    You guys are talking about all the programs as if they are for the same thing, but they're not.

If you want good ringtone creation and management, try HoHo and MonkeyTone. I like HoHo, especially the newer (shareware) versions because of some great new editing features. I've honestly never tried the "Monkey" stuff.

If you want caller-ID ringing, then try Ringo2 or TC Ringer. Yes, they both provide very rudimentary ringtone management, but that should be considered secondary functionality, not primary. These program's main purpose is to provide custom rings for people that call you, so you know who it is from the ring itself.

The freeware version of HoHo should do the job quite well for most people, especially to snag ringtones from web sites for other phones (Nokia, etc.) and to manage ringtones and alarm sounds.

For those who want to create new songs/sounds, and tweak existing ones, shareware HoHo can't be beat. One word of warning, though... The author does not provide free updates AT ALL. If a new version comes out with new features or bug fixes, you have to pay for it again to get the update. In some cases if the update is in a plug-in only, then the new plug-in can be used with the previous version of HoHo. So if you're thinking about buying HoHo, you might want to wait until the next revision. ;-) I'm pretty sure his reasoning behind this decision is to see if charging for all updates will result in more sales or not.

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/