1.    #1  
    I, too am waiting on the Treo 300 because my voiceStream service in Atlanta is poor. I found this tid-bit on Yahoo's site:

"Looking ahead, the company by the end of the September quarter expects to start sales of Treo 300, a new communicator that works on Sprint Corp.'s new U.S. wireless network."

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=569&ncid=738&e=6&u=/nm/20020718/tc_nm/tech_handspring_earns_dc_4

Any one else have any information about when Handspring or SprintPCS will begin taking orders / release date?
    From the first news item listed on the Treocentral homepage (http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/127-1.htm):

"Handspring confirmed that the Sprint PCS Treo 300 WILL ship at the launch of Sprint's 3G network. Sources tell us the network is expected to go live mid August, corresponding with Sprint's claim to launch 3G1X services nationwide later this summer."

A popular rumor is an August 10th date for the launch of Sprint's 1xRTT network.
    I sure wish we could pre-order! But I guess they want to wait as long as possible before setting the price?
    eWeek reports: "An additional device, the Treo 300, is 'nearing completion,' according to Dubinsky, and will be available both on the Handspring Web site and through Sprint Corp.'s Sprint PCS division. Sprint is expected to launch a nationwide high speed wireless voice and data network in August."
    I just listened to part of the Handspring conference call, where Donna Dubinsky said the Treo 300 would be available this quarter (which, I believe, means by Sept. 30).
    Originally posted by DougI
    I just listened to part of the Handspring conference call, where Donna Dubinsky said the Treo 300 would be available this quarter (which, I believe, means by Sept. 30).
    Ya, she said it would be available by the end of last quarter (June 30th). I'm more inclined to believe her this time around though, especially with Sprint's 3G launch a month or so away.
    I just called compusa and they said they are expecting to get the Treo 300 on Aug. 4th with a price of $549.
    Could it be that August 11 is the release date for the Sprint Treo 300? CNET News.com reports: "Sprint has not announced pricing for its new wireless network, which uses the same Qualcomm technology as the Express Network. A source said the network will launch sometime around Aug. 11."

If Sprint's "new wireless network" is its 3G network (it must be, right?), and if the Treo 300 is going to be available when the 3G network is available (which I believe Handspring has confirmed), and if the "source" quoted by this article is correct, then it looks like the Sprint Treo 300 will be available "sometime around" August 11.

Any thoughts?
    This is what I posted on the Sprint Newsgroup:

I just got off the phone with a fairly knowledgeable Customer Service Rep and she told me all the Sprint 3G phones will be in the Sprint stores on August 8, including the Samsung A500, Samsung N400, Handspring Treo 300 (those were the three I tried to order), Sanyo 4900, and the Kyocera 2325(?). That make sense because the "phone rebate offer" ends on August 7. She told me the phones were in the system (pictures, prices, specs, etc.) but they could not be ordered yet. Just take it FWIW in case you did not know yet.

Moo
    A "knowledgable customer service rep"???? At Sprint????
    That's not possible.

Honestly this is the worst part about this whole Treo 300 thing. Although Sprint's phone service is really pretty good, their customer service is so far and away the worst I have ever experienced in ANY industry that it makes it not worth the trouble. I believe that they must hire only recovering crack addicts on parole. Maybe it's state funded or something.

This company is so terrible. But I want that phone and that service. I'm terribly conflicted.
    LOL, I agree "knowledgeable" and "Sprint" do NOT go hand in hand, However, this Rep seemed to know what she was talking about another posted that they were told the same thing. It's rigth arounf the corner, I can feel it!!!!!
    Audiovox, in a news release several days ago, announced their new Thera phone would be released at the introduction of Sprint's ix national rollout on August 10th.
    Originally posted by world3d
    A "knowledgable customer service rep"???? At Sprint????
    That's not possible.

Honestly this is the worst part about this whole Treo 300 thing. Although Sprint's phone service is really pretty good, their customer service is so far and away the worst I have ever experienced in ANY industry that it makes it not worth the trouble. I believe that they must hire only recovering crack addicts on parole. Maybe it's state funded or something.

This company is so terrible. But I want that phone and that service. I'm terribly conflicted.
    I agree totaly. The service is the best I have seen (In my area) both in clarity and range of coverage. Unfortuantly the customer service is REALLY bad. But I have found you can use this to your advantage sometimes. If you call and attempt to do something (Get a later payment date, switch plans etc) and they tell you no, jjust say thank you and hang up. Then call right back and get a different person. Because they do not really keep track of support calls and answers they dont know you called 20 seconds ago and got shot down. Eventualy someone will do whatever it is you want.

14.    #14  
    The local Sprint rep and a Handspring source lead me to believe that we will not be able to order the 300 off of the Handspring site - only directly through Sprint. The Sprint rep also said they had their 3g phones ready for the 3g roll-out on about the 10th-15th, but did not have the 300's yet.

For what it's worth.