1.    #1  
    Is it possible to dial-in to a modem on a pc running some sort of proxy or NAT server and browse the Internet that way using a Treo?

Would simply a RAS(dial-up networking) server do? If so, how would that work?

My situation is I have a cable modem ISP(Cox) and I would like to access the Internet thru my Treo without getting a 2nd ISP. If I could set the phone modem on my pc to answer, can I then connect to a server on it and browse the net using my cable access?

TIA!
    Russell
    savethetrees@planet-save.co m
    (remove space in .co m)
    You might try this from iReady.

Interesting, they don't seem to be actually selling anything, just telling you how to set up a dial-up PPP server. I think though that you can ignore the part about installing a null modem.

Hope this helps, regards.
  3.    #3  
    From what I have been finding out on the net, this project will definitely require a RAS server("dial-up networking") to be running plus I think it will require a proxy/NAT server to fetch the web page and *route it* to the palm which issued the request.

This tidbit from the link posted above, should come in handy:

"If your device is a webserver, launch an IE or Navigator web browser. Type http://192.168.55.2 and press return (192.168.55.2 is the default IP address that Windows assigns to the PPP(dial-up server) client). "

Thanks!

I will post more info as I find it. Stay Tuned!
    I'm sure I won't be the only person asking this question now that palm phones are being sold.