Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Hey Folks,

I am just starting to realize that this may be a problem and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. Basically when I answer the phone by just flipping the phone open (without using a headset) the call will answer but I will be unable to hear anyone on the phone speaker. If I hit the speakerphone switch I can then hear them and once I cancel the speakerphone the ear speaker works fine.

This has happened to me 3 times which makes me think it might be an issue. Is this something else that is going to be fixed by the patch or is this the first time anyone has heard of it.

I don't want to send my Treo 270 back since otherwise everything works great (well except for the headset issue) and there are way too many horror stories of truly broken phones. Has anyone else out there seen this??? Thanks,
    --Denny

P.S. YES, I did try various postitions for my ear and there was just NO sound coming out. I'm not sure if the other person could hear me or not as I haven't asked that question yet.
    OK, I had the same problem and it took me a while to realize it was a defective unit. I thought it was the other persons phone, the network etc

What I found out was that depending on the amount of pressure applied on the flipped lid from my ear and hence its actual angle abled me to hear the other person or not. In other words if pushed back too far it would not work and I could not hear, it had to be just right which meant I suffered from stiff neck after most calls as I could not move.

This is kind of hard to explain but if you have the same problem as me then you have a defective unit.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Hmmm.... It sounds like I need to call Treo Customer Support and get them to swap me one out. I am a bit leary of doing this though after all the horror stories I have heard. Thanks for the input.
    --Denny