1.    #1  
    I need a simple calculator program for my 270. The calculators that come with it are nice, but much more than I need for everyday use. I'd like a calculator screen that shows just the numbers, 0-9 and the operands (+-/x). Hopefully, the actual number and operand buttons would then be bigger and easier to use for the many "simple" calculations I need to do each day. Thanks ahead of time for your references.
    Have you checked the simple version of the built-in calcs. Go into the Calculator, then Menu | Options | Change Mode.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Or Simple Press :menu: m on the keyboard while in the calculator
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Unipalmer and Yardie. Exactly what I was looking for. Now, is there a way I can program one of my buttons so that when I launch the calculator it automatically comes up with this calculator screen, rather than one of the others?
    The calc defaults to the last mode used, so set it to the mode you want and don't change modes. ;-)

You can program one of the buttons using the built-in "Buttons" pref or install Buttons-T or TreoButtons depending on which button you want to "program".
    Give infinity software's PowerOne a try, great program w/simple interface but also includes usefull functions like a calender calculator etc. It comes free now on most Palm brand PDAs but there is a trial version on the website > http://www.infinitysw.com/products/index.html

TD
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the help and suggestions. I've got it running just the way I want now. What a great forum! Problem solved in less than 6 hours - better than any tech support I've ever used.