1.    #1  
    hey people i'm in the st louis metro area. i went to voicestream business sales in maryland heights. i was trying to buy 5 treo 270's for our company. the salesrep is trying to talk me into waiting for some pocket pc thats coming out soon. he also stated that there is no way to use the wireless internet services because the 270 is not gsm. i'm not sure if this guy really knows what he is talking about? i currently use a samsung i300 but want a device with a small attached keyboard like the treo. what should i do?

The Treo 270 is GSM 900 / 1900. It comes with Blazer 2.1 which is a Web Browser. I use it all the time. I'm with VoiceStream in Utah.

Get a sales rep that DOES know what he is talking about !!

Does VoiceStream actually carries the 270 in inventory? They don't in Utah.

Last time I checked they don't carry them in their (VoiceStream) web site either.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    The guy doesn't know what he is talking about. I use the built-in modem on my Treo on a regular basis. If he is talking about the GPRS update (instant, always on service) that is currently in Beta testing and should be out in about a month. The Treo 270 is MOST definitely GSM.
    --Denny
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Go to the handspring site and buy treo 270's

The sync times of the pocketPc suck. We have all the various handhelds around here to play with. Right now, today, the 270 is the one to beat M$ stiill has a lot to learn about the handheld marketplace before they will have significant success in this arena.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I purchased my Treo 270 with the expectation that the data capabilities would be just fair untill the GPRS update comes out late this summer or early fall, but after a week I must say that even using the dail-up connection my ISP has been surprisingly good. I am very pleased with the device and highly recommend it. Additionally, I have been utilizing the beta version of Basejet to gain remote access to my Outlook e-mail and it is wonderful. Check it out at www.basejet.com .

Definitly purchase the units from the Handspring site. Also, since you are looking to purchase five or more I beleive that there was an e-mail address for Handspring Enterprise Sales. Not sure that five would qualify for a dicount but it is worth asking.
  6. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by JHETZEL
    Not sure that five would qualify for a dicount but it is worth asking.
    Especially if there is any possibility of additional staffpeople needing them down the road--vendors like repeat business!
    The Salesperson you speak with should eb fired. Not only did he/she misinformed you, but he/she did not close the sale. You literally had your wallet open and he/she told you to close it and get lost.

Originally posted by NOFEARPI
    hey people i'm in the st louis metro area. i went to voicestream business sales in maryland heights. i was trying to buy 5 treo 270's for our company. the salesrep is trying to talk me into waiting for some pocket pc thats coming out soon. he also stated that there is no way to use the wireless internet services because the 270 is not gsm. i'm not sure if this guy really knows what he is talking about? i currently use a samsung i300 but want a device with a small attached keyboard like the treo. what should i do?