1.    #1  
    I just found a program called "Screen Prefs" which will jazz up any monochrome screen. The program itself is a add-on to the prefs program and allows you to change the default setting on your screen. For some reason, the screen on my Neo was set to Black and White (1-bit) but with the program I was able to bump it up to 16 shades of gray which really jazzes up the icons in the launcher nicely. I recommend it to anyone who is tired of the black and white icons on their monochrome Visors.
    Alex.
    Wow, does that really work? DOes this let the Visor see all the grays that other PDAs could see and we couldn't?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Hey,

Silverscreen and Launcher III change the launcher's icons by default. Maybe you can use that. I personally use Silverscreen and I think that it's great.
    Cheers
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I know that silverscreen and launcher III do that but they all crash when I try to use them with my parafone...this is a nice little prefs add-on that sits in the background and livens up my palm...besides the shareware is only 5 bucks
    Heres a link: http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...22&prodID=7547
    Alex.
    I have an app called Toggle which sits in the application launcher. When you tap its icon, it changes to the next screen depth (b&W, 4 grays, 16 grays).

I'm sure this is a freeware app but I can't remember where I got it from...perhap someone else has the link???
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Still nothing to give a VDx 16 grays though, right ?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Fireviewer allows a VDX to view 16 greys...

It was a blast from the past (a month ago!) with toggle on my T615c...actually kinda interesting, and my clie still looked better because of the black-on-white screen.
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro