Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    OK so I currently have a Visor Platinum with the module to get me on an 802.11 wirelss ethernet network. I am thinking of upgrading to a treo 90 but have some questions...

1. I read there is no grafitti input.. is this true and if it is how can I re-enable this..

2. How can I connect it to the 802.11 wireless network??

i there another color handspring usnit I should look at???

Thanks..
    1. No graffiti. You can navigate almost everything via the keyboard. TreoKBUtilities freeware can add the rest. Hacks activated by silkscreen strokes no longer work.

2. Unless you can do it by an infrared device, you probabl90 uses a standard mini RS232 port I believe. There may be other connection possibilites by cable.

3. This is the oor Handspring PDA. The Visor was discontinued last week.
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by J. Kevin Wolfe
    1. No graffiti. You can navigate almost everything via the keyboard. TreoKBUtilities freeware can add the rest. Hacks activated by silkscreen strokes no longer work.

TreoKBUtilities? I haven't seen/heard anything about that yet.

There is NewPen, which a number of people have recommended to do more with Graffiti. Btw, as I don't have a Treo yet, does anyone know if NewPen offers a Graffiti "echo" feature?
    Q,

Think I found "treo keyboard utils" at Palmgear. (You might also check Handango and VisorVillage)

It's a hack that allows you to move the cursor by command keypress. For instance, I use command q to move the cursor up a line and command a to move below a line. It makes navigating through text text you're typing easy.

You can also use commands to shift through fields. Makes entries in Contacts easy with no screen touches.

Don't activate the bottom three actions, unless you're fluent in Japanese.

Also if you haven't added clockpop hack, it's free and very nice. Hold down your calendar button and the time pops up. If your unit was off (like at 3am when you're checking the time) it turns the 90 back off too.

Kevin
    You can find those keyboard utils right here:
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...1&prodID=42714

You will also need X-Master to use the above:
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...1&prodID=12184

Jeff.