Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I sent my original unit in because of the loose stylus issue, and it's been absolutely fine ever since then. I received the new one 7 weeks ago, and the stylus is just as tight as it's ever been, so I can add at least some assurance to people that Handspring's fixed the problem!!

And for the record, I *hated* the idea of sending my whole unit back just because of a loose stylus. However, the fact that Handspring sent the unit first, before I had to return it, helped a lot. I was able to synchronize everything I could through HotSync, and then just beam the rest over. And seeing how they improved the color-clarity on newer models, I ws happy to go through what I had to to get it!
    I had mine replaced about two months ago, and the new design is still holding the stylus tight. Maybe just got lucky, but it seems to be much improved.
    Originally posted by NocTurnerV
    However, the fact that Handspring sent the unit first, before I had to return it, helped a lot.
    Wow, that's great. I didn't realize they were willing to go that far for their customers.
    Originally posted by TreoNine

Wow, that's great. I didn't realize they were willing to go that far for their customers.
    Well, I give them a lot of credit for that...they made an honest mistake, and went well beyond the call of duty to make sure people could get it fixed. And like I said, not only was my stylus problem fixed, but the screen was about 30% improved in terms of color, my "A" button finally clicked like all the others, and I was happier than a pig in slop.

Call Handspring lousy if you want, but they are far and away one of the most responsive and helpful companies I've ever had to deal with thus far!
    If Handspring really wanted to do the right thing they should have recalled the bad units. I have had my Treo 90 since June. Since that time I have had to replace my Stylus 6 times. I have reviewed the Handspring website and find no mention of this problem or a trade in program. When I called Handspring support to request a new device I was required to pay 19.95 just to get an answer as my unit is now >90 days old. They are going to call me back as they did not have any specific information regarding this trade in option. Handspring makes great devices but has always had the terrible support services.
    Originally posted by MobileMed
    If Handspring really wanted to do the right thing they should have recalled the bad units. I have had my Treo 90 since June. Since that time I have had to replace my Stylus 6 times. I have reviewed the Handspring website and find no mention of this problem or a trade in program. When I called Handspring support to request a new device I was required to pay 19.95 just to get an answer as my unit is now >90 days old. They are going to call me back as they did not have any specific information regarding this trade in option. Handspring makes great devices but has always had the terrible support services.
    If they told you that the didn't know anything about replacing units with the sylus problem, than the person you spoke with obviously wasn't doing their job correctly.

When I called with my stylus problem (now 9 weeks on, and still fine), I *immediately* was told that the unit simply needed to be replaced, and that they were more than willing to do so at no cost to me "because we are aware of the problem people have been having." That's word-for-word what I was told about the issue. I didn't have ANYTHING else wrong with my Treo, and they more than emphatically replaced it...and I received it 1 business day after I called.

I understand the $19.95 thing, 'cause that's the policy they use (although it does suck). But I would seriously inquire more deeply if they're playing dumb, because I know for a fact that lots of people on the various boards have had no problems getting the unit replaced for free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12