Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Can somebody recommend a good and simple to use Birthdays, Anniversaries program.
    I always forget Birthdays.
    Happy Days fails to pick up any of the anniversary dates of my contacts from the Address book, although it does pick up the Birthdays correctly.. On the other hand 'Date Mate' works perfectly and picks up both the birthdays and anniversaries from my contacts in the Address book.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 07/12/2002 at 12:04 PM.
    HappyDays was one of the first apps I ever installed on my palm and being free its one I always recommend/beam to other.

Once a "Birthday" custom field has been created in the Address Book (and/or HappyDays has been told to scan the AddressBook notes fields) I've never seen a problem.

Good luck
    As I mentioned in my earlier post, Happy Days works fine in picking up Birthdays, but it fails to pick up Anniversaries from the Custom field - Anniversary.
    Sanjay, what sort of problems were you having?

If I remember rightly, HappyDays can only use one custom field at a time. This field is set in the Happyday's Preferences and must be spelt exactly the same as the custom field defined in the Address Book app. I've just tested renaming my field to "Anniversary" without any obvious problems.

However, to get round this 'limitation', you can specify multiple dates for each contact in the defined custom field as follows:
    *Birthday 1/7/75
    *Wedding 10/12/01

You can also additionally make use of the notes field, though I've found this slows down app when the address book starts to fill up.
    I like and use Reminder which is also free. You can find it by doing a search at www.palmgear.com.
    Originally posted by IanP
    Sanjay, what sort of problems were you having?

If I remember rightly, HappyDays can only use one custom field at a time. This field is set in the Happyday's Preferences and must be spelt exactly the same as the custom field defined in the Address Book app. I've just tested renaming my field to "Anniversary" without any obvious problems.

However, to get round this 'limitation', you can specify multiple dates for each contact in the defined custom field as follows:
    *Birthday 1/7/75
    *Wedding 10/12/01

You can also additionally make use of the notes field, though I've found this slows down app when the address book starts to fill up.
    Well the problem I have with Happy Days is simply that it only picks up the Birthdays from my contacts in the Address Book and not their Anniversaries.
    By the way thanks for your suggestions for a solution but why not just shift to Date Mate which works perfectly and has a lot more options than HappyDays?