1.    #1  
    If I check the handspring.com web site it states that cingular does not work in the 10308 zip code. But last night in the mall I now see a cingular store so cingular must work near me??
    Originally posted by palmreview
    If I check the handspring.com web site it states that cingular does not work in the 10308 zip code. But last night in the mall I now see a cingular store so cingular must work near me??
    Cincular is expanding into New york, see .
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Will the treo 270 work??
    i don't know, but why wouldn't it?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Cingular here is still TDMA.

What is Cingular now, used to be Comcast Cellular One (at least in Central NJ)
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Cingluar is GSM in California, not anywhere else that I know of. Cingluar is expanding its network to GSM soon, so within a year or two the whole country will be GSM. I believe Verizon is doing the same thing. Vodofone owns Verizon, so I think they are pressuring Verizon to go to GSM.

To answer your question, no the Treo doesn't work with Cingluar in NY. Yes Cingluar does offer service across the country, but not GSM which the Treo uses.

Joe
    Sorry, Quake, but you're wrong. Cingular has launched its GSM system here in NYC, and YES, the Treo will work on Cingular in NY, since it's GSM, just like Voicestream. Popping a Cingular SIM card into a Treo, will work. Of course, for the data services, your account would have to be data-enabled. Now that Cingular is here in NYC, perhaps Voicestream will feel the heat of competition, and roll out some new rate plans that are competititve.

Andrew