1.    #1  
    Has anyone found a way to send faxes from your treo to landline fax machines using Cingular? There are several programs available that work with wireless fax/data service, but Cingular's service reps say that they do not support fax service.
  2. PCL
    Sorry can't help with Cingular, but I get the same answer from Verizon. The data division says there is a way but since they don't support it, they won't tell me how to do it. I was able to do it with my KYO 7135 and the Samsung i600
    I am trying Aileron Mail program and I can see a fax option in it. Corsoft site claims it to be an add-on option. (http://www.corsoft.com/aiprice.asp)
    Peter
  4. PCL
    Thanks for the info Pepeci, it seems that the Fax the Aileron Mail offers is via the web. What I hope to be able to do is dial a fax # from my laptop and have the Treo operate as the modem and transmit data.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCL
    Thanks for the info Pepeci, it seems that the Fax the Aileron Mail offers is via the web. What I hope to be able to do is dial a fax # from my laptop and have the Treo operate as the modem and transmit data.

Try PDANet....
  6. PCL
    What is PDANet...? Is it a site or a program?
    I just found a good discussion of this here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=fax
    Last edited by zieak; 07/27/2004 at 12:37 AM.
  8. Tec
    You can now create, sign, send and receive faxes directly on the Treo with CS Fax, which we released this week. Check out the CS Fax website for more info. This isn't for faxing from a laptop through the Treo, this is actually on the Treo itself, no laptop needed.

Be sure to check the supported device list, as not all devices can receive. Also, for faxing over cellular (GSM for example) may require a fax-capable service plan. We currently have users on Sprint, Cingular and Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tec
    You can now create, sign, send and receive faxes directly on the Treo with CS Fax, which we released this week. Check out the CS Fax website for more info. This isn't for faxing from a laptop through the Treo, this is actually on the Treo itself, no laptop needed.

Be sure to check the supported device list, as not all devices can receive. Also, for faxing over cellular (GSM for example) may require a fax-capable service plan. We currently have users on Sprint, Cingular and Verizon.
    If I could receive a fax (not just send) with my t650/GSM/fax-capable service plan and have the ability to attach "docs to go" files, AND receive faxes automagically at my 2nd Number (fax#) without manually invoking the "waiting for fax" mode I would consider paying TMobile $9.99 per month for the CSD Circuit and $50.00 for your program
    Using Efax in connection with acid Image pro on my treo has always worked great for me.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tec

I've got the trial of CS Fax installed, and so far I must say it's incredibly impressive. You can receive a fax, sign what you need to, and fax the signed copy back. Good stuff.
    Visit my smartphone website :
    Smartphone Reviews
    Reviews & news on all smartphones - including the Treo line.