1. asj
    Does anyone know of any way to connect to the internet with Blazer on Rogers AT&T in Canada without the GPRS software? And is there any way to get my hands on the "unstable" Beta GPRS software? (I am willing to pay for the software.)
    Rogers AT&T users have toi sit tight until GPRS is released. Rogers does not have a regular CSD data service liek FIDO.
    Since I only took the month-to-month plan with Rogers, is there currently data service on Fido that while not GPRS, allows the Treo to live up to it's name (i.e., organizer+phone+e-mail/web access). How do the package prices for phone plus data compare to Rogers?
    I am using the Treo fully with FIDO..inlcuding data. You pay $5 bucks a month and the minutes you go online are deducted from your talk (peek) minutes. Just a note: All Treos sold in Canadian stores are locked to Rogers..evn th unsubsidized ones. Therefore, you would need to contact Rogers and pay them hundreds of dollars to get the thing unlokced before switching to FIDO.
    Thx Yardie. I got my Treo 270 directly from HS and it was not locked. I then activated on Rogers through a local agent with a SIM card I got from Rogers. I assume I could now switch to Fido without any hassle (perhaps only a new $35 SIM card).
    If this is indeed the case, then all you would need is a FIDO card. FIDO is anxious to sign up customers so they wont give you any hassles getting just a SIM with service..unlike Rogers from what I have heard and been reading in the newsgroups.

Originally posted by vcvet
    Thx Yardie. I got my Treo 270 directly from HS and it was not locked. I then activated on Rogers through a local agent with a SIM card I got from Rogers. I assume I could now switch to Fido without any hassle (perhaps only a new $35 SIM card).
    I bought an unlocked Treo 180 and a Rogers SIM 2 months ago but I can't wait for GPRS so Today I purchased a FIDO SIM (Came with a free phone)

However, I tried to make a CSD data call and it wouldn't work. I called FIDO support and they said the marketting people had turned off the CSD features in the network.

Yardie, Is the support guy right or can you still make CSD calls.
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. The FIDO agent you speak with is talking nonsense. I am using data as we speak. I also know someone who got a Treo and got data services with them just 2 weeks ago. Tell them you have a friend that has data services working now and you would like it too..or else... I bet that they will add it to your account then.

Originally posted by wardm
    I bought an unlocked Treo 180 and a Rogers SIM 2 months ago but I can't wait for GPRS so Today I purchased a FIDO SIM (Came with a free phone)

However, I tried to make a CSD data call and it wouldn't work. I called FIDO support and they said the marketting people had turned off the CSD features in the network.

Yardie, Is the support guy right or can you still make CSD calls.