Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Hey folks,

Just got and installed my G2 screen protector from the land of Molson (Canada). I searched around a lot and most recently was using the adhesive ones from that free screen protector deal. I actually liked those quite a bit more than they WriteRight ones (aweful distortion on the Treo 270 with WriteRight) but I still had problems with bubbles.

So it was a toss-up for me between the slide-in type I wanted to get. I first considered the NuShield products but THOSE indicated that an "anti-gloss" coating was applied which to me means haze. After reading a few reviews I decided on the G2.

The G2 is a non-adhesive slide-under protector and it was relatively easy to install. I did the install in a high-humidity environment (my bathroom) to minimize the dust as suggested in the directions. I did a couple complete screen cleans with KlearScreen first and then wiped it down with an anti-static cloth (included).

One of the hardest parts of the install was getting the adhesive film off the protector without getting fingerprints on the protector. Ultimately I used tape to pull it off but I had to find a corner that was already slightly starting to peel to do this. I recommend holding the protector lightly by the edges to make this easier.

So the verdict after the install is I really like the protector. No more bubbles and once it settled in place it doesn't seem to move around at all. The G2 is optically clear (minimal distortion) and is a pleasure to write on. Actually it feels just LIKE the actual screen, very slick (the other one I used sorta felt sticky). All I all I highly recommend this protector.

Each protector should last at east 6 months and one reviewer indicated that they should last indefinitely (they are highly durable). They sell for $8.95 for the first one and then $4.95 for each one thereafter. You can purchase them at: http://www.pdascreenprotectors.com/ RECOMMENDED.

--Denny
    Originally posted by dbasham
    I first considered the NuShield products but THOSE indicated that an "anti-gloss" coating was applied which to me means haze.
    I use the NuShield screen protector and don't have any complaints. No discernible haze.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Works for me. Sounds like the G2 and the NuShield are both great products. As I said above I haven't actually tried the NuShield so I was just guessing.
    --Denny
    Hi all,

Does anyone know of any online merchant that sells Treo screen protectors in the UK, or that ships to it?

Thanks,

Michel
    I also use the G2's and I think they're great! I ordered them from www.pdascreenprotectors.com They are in Canada and no problems shipping to the US via regular snail mail - so I don't see a problem mailing out to the UK.

Michael

(first time posting from my 270)
    Just ordered it - only $3.95 for shipping, I must say I am quite impressed.

Regards,

Michel