1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a replacement for the Treo SMS program? My main complaint is that I don't have the option to be reminded when new SMS messages have arrived every few mins. If I don't have my phone and an SMS message comes in, unless I turn the phone on and check, there is no way for the treo to notify me that new sms messages have arrived. (at least i can't find a way)

It woule be nice if the treo could beep every few mins until I've gone in and checked the message.

Thanks!
    There is a program called FunSMS but it does not work with the Treo at this time. Theres rumors of a new release that incorporates the Treo. I need it real bad.
    Does anyone know why the SMS program doesn't pull up the contact I'm looking for? I use Action Names, but there seems to be some conflict between that and the Treo contact/phonebook app. Anyone have this problem? Only some of my contacts are listed under SMS search. Also, some speed dial names that I have programmed don't appear in my contact list. Is this possible?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Visit http://www.pdaapps.com, then download treoalertmgr.
    Hope it answers your problem.

Kuya Ig
    ----------
    I Love my Treo 270
    Originally posted by gmoj
    Visit http://www.pdaapps.com, then download treoalertmgr.
    Hope it answers your problem.

Kuya Ig
    ----------
    I Love my Treo 270
    I have downloaded treoalertmgr but I can't get it to generate an alert. Instead it hangs the Treo 270 solid requiring reset.
    Steve Wolf
    Have you forgetten your meds or have I?
    I tried it on my 270, it goes well, but I hate the melody always ringing. I need the choice to have only flash screen !!!
    Originally posted by stevenw66

I have downloaded treoalertmgr but I can't get it to generate an alert. Instead it hangs the Treo 270 solid requiring reset.
    There is an update available. Send email to author. I removed some hacks and it worked fine after that.
    Steve Wolf
    Have you forgetten your meds or have I?
    Please let me know if any of you have come upon an enhancement of Treo SMS.

Thanks.

Kuya Ig
    -------------------------
    I Love my Treo 270
    The SMS Application will only display or allow you to choose entries in the address book database that qualify as an address in the SMS world... that being mobile phone numbers and email addresses. That may be why you not seeing all your entries.

i use ActionNames (and love it). Both ActionNames and the SMS App are accessing the same address.db and both are doing their jobs as intended... unless you truly are having some strange problem.

And the treoalertmgr program rocks. There are only a few things I wish the treo had (and really should have... what was Handspring thinking...?):

a. mute capabilities
    b. universal headset plug
    c. multi-sms / dist list sms capable program
    d. multi-constant alerts until you respond/acknowledge an sms or missed call alert.
    >multi-constant alerts until you respond/acknowledge an sms or >missed call alert.

about it I suggested to Handspring to alter the blinking of the led, leaving it fix or very fast when I missed a call